Ultimate Subaru Message Board

TURBO JUSTY sighted?????

So my girlfriend and I were cruising down Highway 34 in Corvallis, heading to my house. As we were coming up on the bridge out of corvallis, ahead I saw a Justy with white bumpers. I commented "Hey It's a Justy RS".. As we got closer to it, I noticed on the back, it said Justy RS 4WD and then underneath it said TURBO, but the Turbo sticker looked just like the factory turbo sticker from a 2WD Turbo wagon, so if someone made a fake, at least they used a stock sticker! Jessica got a picture with her phone but I haven't had a chance to get it off her phone. Does anyone know if a turbo justy ever existed? Possible import from Canada???

They never came turboed......

but i know of 2 in North America...I think i probably own the ONLY one that is Running right now.

mine looks like this

http://tinypic.com/ooxl

If you know Justys at all, you will know that my body style (1988) only came Carbed. I swapped my car over to the EFI motor and everything about a year ago, and i've been turboed for about 8 months.

Mine is running a EA82 turbo, with custom everything. It's running on a Greddy Emanage Fuel Management System which i tune with my laptop. I pull 8 PSI of boost, on 94 Octane pump gas.

The car weighs a little under 1700 Lbs, and i'm guessing makes a little over 115hp.

The Justy will ever so slightly pull on a modded Legacy Turbo which is running a JDM EJ20G engine. The car will also Slightly pull on a fairly stock WRX (one with exhaust).

Only problem with my car right now, is the fancy Kevlar clutch disc, and reinforced pressure plate won't hold the power.

It's one of those things you see, and comment to yourself "that thing isn't meant to be going that fast" :grin:

thats just not right. now just imagine finding a way to fit the ej20 outta a jdm sti, hkmm,lets say ver6 or so, in a justy. that would be meen, no one would ever see that coming when you absolutely rape them head to head.

but i know of 2 in North America...I think i probably own the ONLY one that is Running right now.

mine looks like this

If you know Justys at all, you will know that my body style (1988) only came Carbed. I swapped my car over to the EFI motor and everything about a year ago, and i've been turboed for about 8 months.

Mine is running a EA82 turbo, with custom everything. It's running on a Greddy Emanage Fuel Management System which i tune with my laptop. I pull 8 PSI of boost, on 94 Octane pump gas.

The car weighs a little under 1700 Lbs, and i'm guessing makes a little over 115hp.

The Justy will ever so slightly pull on a modded Legacy Turbo which is running a JDM EJ20G engine. The car will also Slightly pull on a fairly stock WRX (one with exhaust).

Only problem with my car right now, is the fancy Kevlar clutch disc, and reinforced pressure plate won't hold the power.

It's one of those things you see, and comment to yourself "that thing isn't meant to be going that fast" :grin:

mine looks like this

I've always wanted one of these. Would give one of my XT6s for it. Even more than this, I want a Justy with an EJ25 powerplant stuffed in it somehow. One guy said he was going to do it and I bugged the hell out of him because I wanted it BADLY. It never came to be.

A 1700lb - 1900lb Justy with 165hp/165lbs-ft of torque would move very very nicely. Of course intake/exhaust/pulley and maybe cams would be put in. I'm going to stop now before I have to go to the store and get some 'Depends'. :drunk:

I am in the process of finishing my EJ18/Justy project. I have taken everything off of the car and am in the process of checking all of my welds, grinding the tube frame and sand blasting the whole beast. I have requested 2 weeks vacation at the end of my current project at work to finish it.

I had a turbo justy about 3 years ago. Easy project and damn fun results!

My car is a bit of a stretch in terms of simply installing the engine. but it can be done. the engine has to sit fairly far forward for perpendicular drive shafts, or it can be set back further with modifications to the firewall, and some compromise to the angle of the drive shafts.

well....apart from getting the turbo for free...

The "kit" cost me around $200 CDN. But i did do all the work myself. I made the manifold, downpipe, intake pieces, Oil Lines, Coolant Lines... Also included in this was the Intercooler which i paid 100 bucks for

It's not worth you Buying a "kit" it's simple enough to construct yourself. All you really need is a welder to weld up the exhaust. You can buy a cheap 110V Mig for a couple hundred bucks. You will end up using the thing like every week when you work on cars, so it's really a woth while investment.

There isn't that much material cost in it. Maybe like 20 bucks in steel (about 3 feet of pipe and a chunk of 3/8" plate for the flanges)

Turboing a justy is not such an abstract idea. I think it's very possible, someone could do the conversion without the help or knowledge of the message boards. But I think it's agreed that it didnt come stock like that.

My next project will be a turboed 4wd 5spd justy daily driver. Probably megasquirted since I have previous experience with writing stuff for PIC chips etc.

Yeah well I was hoping it will be less of a project than my current one :) and be more practical for daily driving. I figure, while I'm going to school for mechanical engineering, a justy is awesome on gas, cheap to buy, and turbocharging it is something within my tools/abilities at home. I'd also focus on increasing handling as well.

Yeah well I was hoping it will be less of a project than my current one :) and be more practical for daily driving. I figure, while I'm going to school for mechanical engineering, a justy is awesome on gas, cheap to buy, and turbocharging it is something within my tools/abilities at home. I'd also focus on increasing handling as well.

Correction..Justy's started life being easy on gas. Now..running as much boost as i do, it drinks pretty good. If you need it in the vaccum side of the gauge. it isn't too bad..But Boost is SOOOO addictive

My next project will be a turboed 4wd 5spd justy daily driver. QUOTE]

Took me about 2 days of work. It wasn't that hard at all.

man..is the thing fun!

People like me don't have the mechanical skill as you do to see this type of project too completion. Plus, I work like a dog (12 hours a day last 8 days) and my family eats up any of the rest of my time. That's why I asked you if you could do it. Thanks though! Good luck with your future project(s).

Oh yeah, and to stay on topic, there are no turbo justy's from the factory.

• 1 year later...

me and a couple friends are going to be turboing a justy..

its a 90 mpfi with the ecvt 4wd (trans has under 20k on it and is perfect)

going to be using the turbo and parts off of a 93 mercury capri xr2.. i figure the turbo is samall enough because the merc is only a 1.6..

the justy already has a functional wrx hoodscoop on it too :lol:

we'll get pics once its done... the manifold is prolly gonna be the hardest part.. i'm thinking we might figure out how to use xt6 injectors as well..

i know it'll be the only one on the east coast :burnout: