Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How rare is the 1980 1600 dual range Brat

Hi Ken This is Jerry, Pat's brat is factory. It has the same set up as the 78 he has but 80 has the dual range tranny in it. It is the Ea71 motor has it by the dissy. and the starter is dead center top of bellhouseing. I have another friend that lives in Naches he has 20-30 gen 1 brats and he has 1 with a dual range tranny in it also with the EA71 engine. Thanks Jerry

hey jerry if that other d/r needs a new home I would like it :D heck I will barter for it even

Edit: in fact it would make my mystery machine even more of a mystery hehe

lets see first off the 76 is not even in the records for SOA and second off the motor that is in it is a EA-65 which is the wrong year for the first thing and also a motor that was never offered here in the states so a early gen1 d/r would fit nicely in that equation :D

Hello Well Mick it has single headlights,I will get a picture of the plate for you. Like Jerry said this thing is bone stock. It has some rust but not bad the interior {blue] is perfect cept one spot on drivers seat. sorry to say I think I have traded It off to a future subie dude{ 15 years old ] to his dad for a 1957 four door cadilac hard top. we will see thank you for all your input .........Paticon7.gif

Hey Paul I really need a gen one pass. Brat window do you have one you can send me???????....PatQUOTE=moosens]Pat,I'm still scratching up the dough to get the '73 back here.Thanks for your patience.

Jerry,i sent you the d/r 4spd shifter boot/console,enjoy!

Paul

BTW,I think my brother put that same early d/r tranny into my '78 Brat back in '83 or so.

Pat,I don't think I have that Gen I Brat window.I know where one is sitting in Maine and the guy is holding it for me.I need another week or so to be able to get a weekend run up there.If you can hang tight the window is yours free and I'll cover shipping.Thanks again for all your help with the '73

1981 the Dual Range was introduced in 3 models, all with 1800 engine

81 Brat GL

81 4WD wagon GL

81 4WD hatchback GL

the 1980 Parts Manual only shows 1 trans for the Brat.

Pat, see if you can find any numbers on the trans. could be a different import like bajas wagon....