Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yakima Roof RAck

What specific numbers do I need to order the mounts for a Yakima roof rack?I tried search and found nothing and Yakima site is down. I have an 87 GL Wagon with factory rack. I have the yakima cross bars, but I need the mounts. Also were do they mount in the factory rack slots or on the door seals?

One more question alittle off topic, but lately she has been running alittle above half way on the Temp guage when rolling down the highway at 70mph, and running real cool when cruiseing around town. What could be causeing this? Thermostate? Radiator? All help would be great!!!

Larry

the gutter mount towers are the 1A ones. you can use Qtowers which are for gutters or non gutters. they take clips specific to the car, not sure if the 1A ones do, too. controll towers mount to the factory racks.

i have a set of i think 1A towers that would be ready to mount to a gen 3 car if you're interesed. i got them off a 91ish wagon at a junkyard, but you would need new "locks" as i broke them to get them off the car. actually they should still be usable, but not a theft deterent anymore.

heres a pic of the 1A raingutter ones on my '85 wagon, and there is a mount that bolts right into the rails where your factory rack is now mounted. I bought these from a fellow USMB member, but I know our local Galyans has them, but these are pretty sturdy, there's nothing wrong with getting them used!