Ultimate Subaru Message Board

90 & 91 LS or LSI also had non-slip rear differential. I owned a 90 LS, neighbor at the time had a 91 LSI (leather interior).

L and L+ as they were sold at the time were open differentials.

Are you sure about this?

My 91 LS 5spd does not have a LSD. :-\

My 90 Legacy LS did have LSD. It also had Pneumatic suspension and an 'optional' dealer installed driver side ONLY airbag.

My neighbor had a 91 LSI also with the same automatic and air suspension. Both did list the rear differential as NON-SLIP. If this was the same as later referred as LSD, so be it. But I was able to spin both rear tires and 1 front together in deep snow. Also had 4 channel antilock brakes (bosch if I remember correctly).

This now brings me to my next question.... are they all geared the same? I know my jeep was available with about a dozen different gearing options. Was my Subaru?

I like to take my DD Off-raod now and then and I am really not big into getting stuck so that LSD would be nice. We have alot of sand down here so I would like to take my waggy in the dunes and play with all the over priced 4bys and their HUGE tires. I just like to see the look on their faces when a legacy flys past them with little to no effort.

91 turbo is the only year to have a LSD as an option, 4eat, or 5mt doesnt matter. It was an option, and while almost all do have them it was still an option. No other years came with them. period Only 91!

To reiteriate unless it's a 1991 subaru legacy sport sedan (which yours isn't going by your sig) dont count on it having a LSD in the rear. Even if the car is a 1991 subaru legacy sport sedan dont count on it having a LSD it was an option. Only an option. Wasn't standard. I'm sure someone else will ask again, so just to say it again.

1991 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan (Turbo) only year with Rear LSD as an OPTION

Also From what I've seen only the auto xt6's had LSDs Can't say for sure if it was an option or not,but I haven't seen one on a manual. Also all SVX's came with LSDs and as we all know they're all autos. 00-01 RS's came with LSD auto or manual. All WRX's have them aswell auto or manual. Some Legacy GT's and Outbacks also.

I get the point..it was an option. Unless it was a 91 turbo. Now where can I get one?

Now that the master has explained that it is only an option...find me one. I don't care where it is, I will have it shipped. Just the diff. Not the shafts, not the rims and tires...just the DIFF!!! I NEED LSD!!!! (that doesn't sound too good)

Where is the love? If I found one and you really needed it like I did then I would sell it to you. But then again I have a trail rated jeep 4X4 that would run circles around my Subaru all day, everyday. Just what I need...to be spending more money on my toy. I will sell it to you if I find one.

ARE YOU HAPPY. You took my fun away. LOL

I dont want your LSD, i can find my own. They always turn up in the junkyards here. Ive seen a couple 91 Turbo's, but all have been missing rearends. Im sure one day I'll stumble upon one.

Also, Im sure the standard LSD would work from a EA82 RX, just need to change the gearing to match your Legacy Tranny.

-Brian

Thawa is correct....period...end of story.

Unless it has this sticker, it's not LSD!

http://www.main.experiencetherave.com:8080/subaru/images/trannyswapparts/DCP_3010.JPG

As for the ratio, it came in 3.90 only.

You can find one from the imprezas in 4.111. The svx had 3.545 ratio....so it's really not worth while unless you swap in a wrx tranny with the 1.1:1 stepper ratio.

You can still find them around, however they are a little rare. You just need to do some hunting. The old gen 80's subarus have them as well in some models. So you may want to look there as well.

I'm closing this thread. The question has been answered several times now. If you have another question, or want to see if anyone has a LSD for sale, please start a new thread.