Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I riced out my car.... (warning, 56K)

Sweet, sweet, sweet! My personal other change would be to put the racing stripe down the indention (already there by the mfgr). I once had an old xt that someone put the racing stripe there and by far that (to me) was the coolest looking xt I have ever seen. If you get a proper stripe that will follow the natural indention along the side, it just flows...........

Has to be my EX XT

well done Sir Loin

glad to see it went to good hands

Dennis put those wheels on didn't he?

What have you done under the bonnet?

Skip this was your car?!

Cooooool! Where you the one who put the Legacy turbo, Ford IC and exhaust? And had the bored out 2.0L EA82T? I actually put the rims on... I believe that it was Dennis who swapped out the hubs for 5-lug XT6 hubs, the brakes, and interior...

I'm so curious to know the history of my car...

• 2 weeks later...

dude, looks great man. keep up the good work.

heres the history of the XT as i know it by the way...

this car was owned officially by SOA when it was new, i had a friend of mine run the VIN on SOA's warranty info program to get what i could on it and was surprised as hell at the outcome. it came back that the car spent time there either as a demo or training car. in 1990 its was somehow sold to a woman in NJ and she owned it until 1994 or so...

this is where the fun begins.

around this time, my friend steve's dad bought it from a dealer and ran the hell out of it, it then became steves (scoobiesteve on here) car and he too ran the hell out of it. this is where it was first toyed with. i know steve ran the boost up to about 17psi and cooked at least one of the engines...the car was then aquired a few years ago by brian who was steves friend (bbitner on here, but hasnt been around in a minute and steve moved on to bigger and better things like swapping v.5 STI drivetrains into old imprezas). it was then that it underwent the sucession of engine swaps, blown headgaskets and wild experiments.

most of what you see in the pics was done by brian but me and the guys at SOA moved somethings around and tried different things.

brian then sold it on the usmb to skip and it stayed at brians near allentown, pa until skip could pick it up, which he could never get around to doing. then one day i got an email and within a month or so it was at my house.

i drove it for a few months and the HG's went out again, so while i was working at SOA, we tore the engine out and discovered quite a mess inside...i wont go into detail as to what exactly was wrong (manny, email me if you really want to know) but it required yet another EA82T to be swapped in (goodbye .50mm overbore), and then 6 wks later another, after it started sounding like a nuclear war was going on in the drivers side of the block. this engine was deemed a factory defect because the cylinder wall clearance was off in either #2 or #4, i cant remember. i just remember it being really loud.

so after the engine was finally fixed, i decided i wanted to finish my degree and needed money to do so...bye bye XT. everyone misses you and i hate not hearing the choked sound from the cam'd EA82T when it tries to start up. and the roar, my god do i miss the roar.

good luck manny, take care of her, 5 engines is enough.

• 6 months later...