Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ram Performance

Really? So how would a person with limited to no mechanical skill go about this?

Crash course in fabrication and wiring

Are you saying I can get me an EA81 powered car then with a price of $1000, I can purchase an EJ22 engine and have it put in? If so, where?

Probably not, but then again, completeion and installation of your $4k RAM motor in an application it was not designed for is not going to be A)Easy if you do it yourself ot B)Cheap if someone else does it for you.

Either way... If you own an old car and want to modify it, you had better have some mechanical knowledge, a willingness (and time) to learn, or a buttload of $$$

it is possible or at least here in North Am....in the last 9 months I have seen 2 listings between $400-$600 while visiting Florida for someone to come and drive the sub's away (there was even one sitting in the scrap yard...the scrap yard is now slowly closing up the business for good)...places like the Florida Keys (Key West) for example have to junk there cars in Miami 150mi(250kl.) away, ..enviromental concerns have closed all scrap yards in this part of the world...other examples of fine running motors with minor problems have to go also to Miami, minor repairs can become a days concern..this does not fit the leisurely image down there ...and if you can Afford that image, it simply becomes junk