Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I drove a '90 Loyale today!

XT Fan

This Loyale is a nice running wagon, 5 speed, 4 WD, but my previous driver Sube is an '89 GL-10 station wagon! Now, I really understand what the GL (get lots) stands for.................my GL is way superior to the DL. My Husband wanted to put me into the '90 until he rebuilds the engine in the '89..........Sigh........I think I will WAIT.

Fannie:

Yeah, it's easy to get spoiled with an 89. Those are the best of the EA82 lot, IMO.

The 4wd (S/R?) Loy isn't bad though. I have a 93, and it's a good solid car. A couple of things I really like about them is SPFI and modern emmissions (as in the 89's) but also the updated interiors. They are notch below the GL's in terms of trim, but I can live with that. Mechanically, they are identical to similar GL models. Same pluses and minuses.

Cool that you are rescuing the 89 GL though.

good luck, John

I'm looking at picking up a '89 GL... the one thing I'm looking forward to (besides the d/r vs. the pushbutton s/r on the '92 Loyale) is a set of map lights. I really miss having a light in that front cockpit, since the overhead light is usually too far back to do any good for me.

Fannie,

I also am fortunate enough to drive an 89 GL-10

AWD, 4EAT, turbo, lux-0-cruiser, she is sweet but

I implore you,

do not take a test drive in a Legacy.....

I recently had the fortune to purchase a

94 AWD Legacy GT wagon --

repeat do not take a test drive in a Legacy.

Save the money and fix your GL-10 proper.

Good luck and long live the GL-10s