Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Im leaking power steering fluid from the power steering pump or somewhere close to it. I checked prices for the pump, but :eek: over $300. Im thinking there must be some seals in the pump and as the pump works fine, Im thinking of replaceing the seals. Taking the whole pump apart doesn't seem too dificult. But where can I get the seals? Do dealers have em? Or can they be made somehow?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Possibly, you can just get an o-ring that replaced the one in between the pump and reservoir. I know mine had some leaking problem consistently and I thought it was the whole pump. I decide to go with the cheaper solution and bought an o-ring and now mine is perfectly dry. Drain your PS fluid, unscrew the two bolts holding the reservoir to the pump and take out the o-ring and take it to an auto parts store and get the correct size o-ring. Install it and see if it fixes the leaking. Afterall, the o-ring is less than a dollar so you won't sacrifice an arm for it.

If it's still leaking, let me know as I have a good used pump (I think) and I can ship it to you for just the shipping charge. Just let me know.