Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EGR Light on!

Hey Suberoids,

Thanks for all the help on chasing my previous smog issues. I found out that in my 86' Wagon's past life, someone had replaced the rear cat with a muffler. I'm pretty sure that's what caused me to fail as a gross polluter. I will find out for sure this weekend when I replace the exhaust system with the one from my 85' parts car and go for recertification.

Last week out of the blue, my EGR warning light on the dash come on. My Hanes Manual doesn't give me a decent wiring diagram so troubleshooting is a little rough. Does anyone where the sender is that would cause the light to come on?

It's an 86' 4x4 Wagon, MT, Carburated, Federal, Non-Computer controlled.

Thanks

Corbin

Above or behind your fuse box there are 3 single wire connectors, 2 blue & 1 green. TTth Two of these will be connected, either blue with the blue or blue with the green. Unplug the two currently connected and connect the female blue connector to the previously unused green or blue connector. This resets the EGR light.

Kerry/Roo-Builders

Wow, I posted the same thing a while back, and got no help. I finally pulled the bulb out of my light. Thanks.

Also, at what milage did yours come on, was it exactly at like 180,000 or something like that, that is when mine came on. I guess I can do this fix to mine now and put the bulb back in.