Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 Loyale 5spd. 4x4 cheap suspension lift

Bob Johansen

find adjustable struts for the front, and fit honda accord rear springs in the rear coilovers, that can give you something. Do a search for accord springs. The adjustable front struts are found on early ea82 wagons ('85-86) I think. Other option is to make spacers for the strut tops/coilover mounts. Either way with a suspension lift you will be significantly decreasing the life of your axles. You can do it just be prepared to be replacing cv axles regularly.

Which will be far more expensive and less functional in all respects than just buying the commercially available lift kit. To do a suspension lift right costs allot in money and time and involves major fabrication, upgrade to strut inserts, changed geometry etc. Even then you still pay the price in axle life.

The adjustable fronts aren't going to do you any good on a 4wd loyale wagon It has the longest available suspension of any of the EA82s..(87-94 4wd wagons).. The 85-86 adjustables, when cranked all the way up are about the same length as later model non adjustables. I have verified this by measuring the two side by side, out of the car.

Side note. The struts I have in my car are from a 90 loyale 4wd wagon. The rear (non adjustable) are actually a tad longer than the adjustables (on their highest setting)I had intended to put in there.

I know everyone wants a suspension lift but you really don't need one on these cars. A body lift is plenty of lift for a Loyale to put in bigger tires and therefore gain better ground clearance. I continue to be impressed with what my Subaru can do with just a BYB 3" body lift, 29" tires and a whole lot of RPMs. :drunk: