Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Switching a digital speedometer

Is there a way to switch a digital speedometer from MPH to KPH? I am going to be in Central America for 7 months and would like to convert the system to metric. I am thinking that this is a ECM issue that can not be done, but trying to see if anyone knows.

1989 Gl10 w/ 5 speed manual trans

Thanx

• 4 weeks later...

Well, after pulling my dash apart, and looking at another digi dash, I can not find this switch you are talking about. If anyone has more information, I would really appreciate it. I am leaving on Sunday and will be spending 6 months driving around Central America and would like my spedo to read KPH instead of MPH.

• 11 months later...

Bummmmmp. Does anyone have an answer for this question?

I am now in Canada and I have no clue how fast I am going. Helllllp!

I dont see a switch on the trip computer or on the dashboard. I am on the road, about 3000 miles from home, and tearing the car apart looking for a switch doesn't sound like much fun right now. Any help would be great. Thanks.

My '85 with the digital dash had a button next to the A and B trip counters that changed it. If I still had the car, I could tell you exactly where, but I don't any more... I think that was still before the US decided to completely bail on switching to metric, so they may have made it less easy later. The owner's manual doesn't say?

• 1 year later...