Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hmmm...these are wide.

How about some 18"x8" rims? Mwahahaha Brat is gonna be pimpin with those size rims on it!!!

Sorry dude.. I really don't think theres any way you are going to get 18s on a brat without it looking like nasty old rice.. Tex did it on his RX, and it overstepped the bouds of taste.. just a little.. And EA71/EA81 cars have even smaller wheelwells..

Just my .02

13x8 wheels, 5 inch back spacing, with 235/45/13 Khumo V700 tires.

May we say....[Tiff]grip, GRIP, and MOOORE GRIP![/Tiff]

Hehehhehehehehehehe..........

I know you are off to suspension world and all but how would us less mechanically minded people accomplish what you just did? I mean, where can I get this '5" back spacing'. Where can I get these tires at? I can't find any 13" tires at Tirerack but have found so me at 1010tires.com. Do you recommend this setup?

Caboobaroo: Ummm...NO. Tires are expensive in that size and none are avalible to keep the tire/gearing ration correct. IE: I would have a tire thats TOO TALL.

calebz: Yep. And thats not that much of a hijack. :lol:

Myxalplyx: My trip to suspension world is going to be to switch out the POS bent up rear springs I have on the rear right now for some REAL Hypercoil 300 lb ones. My whole DMS on Leone idea wont work. So...it KYB GR2 front with 250, and Carerra with 300 on the rear.

Next time I get about 2500, Ill invest in the Koni double adjustable custom coil over stuff they are going to hook me up with.

There are LOTS of 13 inch tires on tire rack...just have to look for the right size, and i only look at the Competition tires...since I get my street tires for FREE, in 205-60-13.

5 inch back spacing is thereabouts the stock back spacing of the SUBARU alloy wheels for EA82....threfore I am adding on about 2.5 inches of rim width to the outside of the wheel...decreasing offset, and the wheel-tire will be sticking out of the fender well. the 235-45-13 is a way shorter tire than the stock siye, 185-70-13, therefore i get ALOT more TQ to the ground and shorter gearing.

subaru_styles: if I had XT6's....no 5 lug for me. XT6=turbo or BIG rump roast NA build and road racing.

5 inch back spacing is thereabouts the stock back spacing of the SUBARU alloy wheels for EA82....threfore I am adding on about 2.5 inches of rim width to the outside of the wheel...decreasing offset, and the wheel-tire will be sticking out of the fender well.

ill be doing the same thing wit ma 8"x15" jeep rims. i think itll look gooood jutting out of the well a bit.

There are LOTS of 13 inch tires on tire rack...just have to look for the right size, and i only look at the Competition tires...since I get my street tires for FREE, in 205-60-13.
I was looking for the tires I wanted the wrong way. I was searching for tires for the RX rather than just searching for the tires in the tire size I wanted. :rolleyes: I know better than this. Sometimes, I can smack myself!

I was looking for the tires I wanted the wrong way. I was searching for tires for the RX rather than just searching for the tires in the tire size I wanted. :rolleyes: I know better than this. Sometimes, I can smack myself!

Uhhh......yeah. lol

Caboobaroo: I dont ahve pics yet. I first need to have the rims HERE and the tires HERE in order totake pics....right? LOL

lol I hate that whole buget thing, it sucks. Currently the Brat is stripped and I have no money to go get a frame for it. Thats the next step for me....... But at least LUVMYBRAT said he could mediablast the whole unibody for free:D So I'll be that much closer to painting it!