Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My feedback on driving a 2005 Legacy GT sedan.

I used to own a 96 Impreza Sport (Fun and pratical car, great in the NW mountains in Winter). I still have a '95 BMW 325is - Not too good in the snow. Any how I'm looking for 4-door, sporty sedan. I drove the Infinity G35X (AWD), the Acura TL and the new '05 Legacy G, Limited. All 3 were automatic. I did not feel the Sub had a annoying turbo-lag. It definetly pulled hard and the car felt quite solid (Car & Driver felt it was somewhat cheap and not really worth of GT badging). I did overall like the car. The Acura and Infinity are more refined and both felt a bit more sluggish despite the bigger engines and torque + non-turbo. The only dilemna is that here in NW, the dealers are tacking on a $5K premium for the car which puts it right in the pricing of the Acura and the Infinity.

My 2 cents is that for $4800, you could fly or bus into Nevada or some such place, buy your subie, and have a bitchin drive home, then drive by the stealership, and show them your new ride, and ask them how they like losing commisions.

Go to Wentworth.com and get the internet pricing. That should help. If that doesn't work I can put you in contact with my Autobroker, and see what he can do for you. Last resort is get one out of Idaho, and drive up and get it. Or better yet, I'll go get it for you:brow: .

richierich

Superior Import Repair, Inc

503-288-8634

The dealership in town wouldn't come down on a price that they set (about $2000 higher than the MSRP listed on Edmunds) so I drove about 40 miles away to another dealer and got the price I wanted. Moral of the story: You might not have to travel far to get a better deal.