Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Quest for rear E-brake...

Ding Ding Ding!!

Folks, we have a winner!!

I can't believe it took 2 pages for this to be said :lol:

Yea, I couldn't believe what was being said here and I just had to chime it, I was lurking most of the time, but too much mis-information had been said since I last looked.

• 1 month later...

What if, with a part time high/ low fourwheel drive trans , if both right side/ front and back could be locked up and both left side front and back could be locked up separately. Would the power be delievered to the opposite side wheels? And if so would this work for quick direction changes? That's how track driven tractors operate, of course at very low speeds.

Possible further doner..late model, I think 99 and up, Honda Accord..at least its an Accord down here might be something 'acura' up North..yeh our integra is called a 'Honda Integra' and one can speacial order a type-r but we don't care about crappy hondas we just want brake parts ;-)I gotta chk this out at their parts dept. but visually it looks the same or as close as the nissan parts..def. a tokico part..

• 1 year later...

I've been looking into this conversion and I just wanted to say that the reason is not to be able to lock up my rear wheels, but rather so I can upgrade to wrx brakes on the front...

basically I want better brakes on my xt6 but want to be able to pass inspection as well..

I'm interested to know what people have found about the need for proportioning valves, etc?

If the calipers from the 200sx are the same would their be a way to fit rotors from a 200sx? There are some pretty cool drilled and slotted sets on ebay. Maybe if the bolt pattern wasn't the right size it could be drilled out in between the already existing holes.

I have calipers off a 240.....they will bolt up with a SMALL (1mm) bit of filing of one bit of material off of ONE of the two ears on the caliper.....

yeah mounting the calipers doesn't seem to be the problem... from what I've been reading it's actually routing the cables, etc

W3 4ll R 3h sucx0r.

Either way...

4/2 pot combo for the RX....means I will need to figure out how to retrofit the EJ rear drum-park-ebrake stuff onto it.

4pot front 2pot rear?

any ideas on what that'll do to brake bias?

like I said before... proportioning valves?

I guess there's only one way to find out :burnout:

<edit for reference:>

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623187

^^^ this is what I've been looking for for a bit

4pot front 2pot rear?

Yes. As in 22B STi and the Version 5+ JDM stuff and USDM 2006 WRX+

any ideas on what that'll do to brake bias?

Nothing.

like I said before... proportioning valves?

Leave them stock. Stock is best....unless you want to install a manual one in cockpit.

I guess there's only one way to find out :burnout:

Not really...been done 100's of times already.

Edited:

Seen it. Had it bookmarked since the thread started.

Yes. As in 22B STi and the Version 5+ JDM stuff and USDM 2006 WRX+

Nothing.

Leave them stock. Stock is best....unless you want to install a manual one in cockpit.

Not really...been done 100's of times already.

Edited:

Seen it. Had it bookmarked since the thread started.

once I get my new tires mounted on the rims, and the rims on the car I'll start buying brake parts...

found a good place to get some stainless brake lines as well, but I'm going to hold off on this until after I've screwed around with the calipers

• 3 months later...
i read Numbchux write up and he said he used 1987 calipers??? did he mean 1997?

here's his write up:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63647

if it is 1987 like it says, then is it 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder 200SX calipers?

see, I always thought it would be the newer, FWD econobox 200SX. but my dad was going to the junkyard, and I failed to specify....I just said 200SX rear calipers. there was an '87, RWD, and I'm fairly sure it was a 4-cyl. he nabbed the rear calipers, and they worked great!

maybe they're the same....

let me know if you find something out, and I'll add it to the write-up