Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Color code sticker

Guest Scott109

Mike,

On my 90, it's a metal tag riveted to the drivers side strut tower under the hood. Prop the hood, walk to the drivers front tire and look down. After you find it, go to www.autocolorlibrary.com/ and look up your code to see what the color is called. They sell paint and supplies too.

Scott

Hey Scott, thanks much! You were correct about the metal tag. I looked at that thing earlier but assumed it was just the VIN number and didn't notice that it had the color code too. That AutoColorLibrary site is cool. I was also able to find small touch up bottles and rattle cans for my color at duplicolor.com/

Thanks again for the help.

Guest Scott109

Glad to help, Mike. I've used that site quite a bit to see what colors were called and what the paint codes were when I didn't have them. I've got a 90 sedan similar to Josh's (just not as clean :) ) and never knew the official name of the goldish, champagne, beige like color that it is. It's code 076 which is officially called "Sandstone".

Scott

Ok Russ, you're reminded.

As a follow up, it turned out that Duplicolor does not sell the color I need to the public. However I was able to get a little touch up bottle from my local Subaru dealer for $6.05. While I was there I asked the service techs if they new of a Seattle area paint company that would mix small quantities of paint for airbrush use but that didn't charge insane $$$ for it. They said a mobile paint outfit called Ultra Touch (1-360-507-6565) mixes nice paint and is surprisingly cheap for small batches. Guess I might try that when I need some spray.