Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Location of Blower Fan Relay in a 93 Subaru Impreza

Guest hartfp

Does anyone know the location of the Blower Fan Relay in a 93 Subaru Impreza? It's 95 degrees and I'm smokin. I tested the blower fan and it is working fine. I also checked the fuses, all good. That would leave the elusive blower relay. Thank you in advance, Fred

Guest slideways34

I recently replaced the blower fan relay in my legacy, and it was way up under the dash on the left side of the steering column. It is a relay in the shape of a cylinder about as big around as a quarter, and about an inch long. Oh yeah, the dealer got me $44 for it. :mad:

Guest hartfp

Thank you very much, I found it. There were two identical relays in that location in the Impreza. The second one was for the fuel pump. I will be ordering a new one tomorrow. Again, thank you very much for the help.

• 1 year later...

Thanks,

I used this information and found my 91 Legacy blower relay just where you said it was. I had to remove the fuse block, and there were two relays that looked the same, one inch long and circular, simalar size to a quarter. The fuel pump relay has a green connector and the blower fan is above a bracket looking up from the fuse holder. It has a clear connector just visible on the left hand side of the bracket closest to the outside of the car. You cannot see the relay until you remove the plastic holder fastening it to the bracket (use a pair of needle nose to grab the clip). Here is the relay information to make sure you have the right one in case you are not familiar with the car - 10K23, 056700-5260,12V, 22A, Made in Japan.

Bomben