Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weapon-R is a-comin' off

Guest Legacy777

I haven't gotten anything yet. Email will work best.....you can always use the feedback form on my site to get it to me....it's basically emailing that info to me when fill it out.

Guest Commuter

Jason:

I have a question about that intake. I'm assuming that what you have done looks like what Cobb has on their web site (but with a MAF in the line).

What is inside the fender well?

The PRM filter pokes into the hole into the fender well. Is it just open ended, sucking in air? Does one remove or bypass the "snorkus" thing?

Just curious.

Commuter

Thank you Lustreking, for posting the pictures for me. I dunno why I couldn't see them when CRAZY KEN posted them.

Anyways, Commuter, you are correct that the intake is a Cobb Tuning unit. I just cut the intake tubing down about 6 inches to accomodate for the MAF/adapterplate. As for that black piece that goes into the fenderwell . . . that's a 3 inch rubber hose coupler from Home Depot. A lot of people have been complaining about how the Cobb Intakes rattle in the fenderwell. Not only does this piece prevent the rattle, as well as FIRMLY keeps the MAF isolated from vibration, it actually COMPLETELY seals off the intake opening from the engine compartment.

Jason

Guest st2eelpot

You said when the engine was reved with this intake on it it makes a lot of noise- could this partly be due to sucking the air through the fender? How easily does air come into the fender/how well is it sealed from the outside?

Just curious.

Dave

After that black rubber hose coupler there is nothing but the inside of the fender. Same setup as when you take out the resonator in the fender, but with freer flow.

Other people have commented on the intake making "clunking" noises within the fender, but I haven't had any problems with that coupler in place.

If you're referring to the "good" noises, then yes, it makes A LOT of noise:D One thing I have noticed is that "whining" noise while idling that I used to hear when I had my Minnam intake is non-existant with this intake. If anyone's in the area, I'd be more than willing to test fit this piece on their car (as long as it goes back in my car after tests are completed:LOL:)

Jason

There is a fair amount of space in the fenderwell giving a sufficient amount of reserve air for the intake. If you take a look at your fog light (if you have one), you'll see that the light doesn't fully fill the space. Also, the fenderliner is not airtight . . . some say this is dangerous, as water can get into the fenderwell area and sucked up into the intake . . . I never had any problems with my intake ingesting water after I performed the snorkusectomy, I don't see how I'd have that problem now.

Jason

Guest meep424

Hey 25GT,

Nice work, man. Sounds REALLY impressive. Thanks for the detailed description too. Can't beat actual testimony.

Hey Schpiro....I think Fuji (subaru, actually) has made a small run of single engine, small aircraft....to answer your question. There was a post on it not too long ago, if I'm not mistaken.

Meep

I'm on the I-club pretty much all day during the work day (you know, while I'm "working"), so if I see something, I'll be sure to let you guys know:D

Jason

Guest SmashPDX

I want to archive this thread but I need to be sure the pics will be up permanently. You ok keeping them up or should I just copy these over to my site?

Guest Lustreking

Yeah, I can keep them permanently...however, I'd like to move them to a different directory.... I'll take care of that tonight, and edit my post so the links point to the proper location.

-Steve