Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2 cylinder Subaru Golf Cart Motor...project?

Hey, all. I have not been on here much in quite a while, (my son now owns my GL Turbo Coupe) but I saw this thing for sale today, and thought for sure one of you on here would want it to play with...something Subaru you don't see every day:

http://www.sellatonce.com/cgi-bin/auction/item.pl?item=26396

Looks to be an old golf cart motor, probably not in great shape, but a fun little project. Subaru go-kart anyone?

Mods, if there is a better place for this post, pls move it. I no longer see the marketplace area.

That looks just like a sambar engine or I guess it could be a 360 engine also but it is sitting in the wrong position, rotate the picture 90 deg counter clock wize and that is how it should sit, basically it lays pretty close to flat with the oil filter at the lowest spot, I think you would have one kickgas golf cart or go cart with that baby!

Guest taprackready
That looks just like a sambar engine or I guess it could be a 360 engine also but it is sitting in the wrong position, rotate the picture 90 deg counter clock wize and that is how it should sit, basically it lays pretty close to flat with the oil filter at the lowest spot, I think you would have one kickgas golf cart or go cart with that baby!

I think it is sitting correctly. It looks like its sitting on its oil pan.

Bill

I think it might make a fun project but before you could begin you'd probably need to know;

What is the HP associated with a motor like that? :confused:

Where would you get parts?

Knowing that you could figure out what size cart to build.

...or you could use it as an outboard motor for your monster Subie! :lol: