Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Scrub2k

I Finally Got myself an RX

Im not sure on any details about it yet, i only looked at it for about 30 seconds and it was locked but i got it from the guy for $50 i dont know what if anything is wrong with it, he told me that it just stopped running one day on the highway and wouldent start so he just parked it and that was like a year ago, so im gonna go check it out tomorrow.

anything that i should be aware of when i check it out?

Anything specific that i should look for?

ill get some pics of it tomorrow too.

Well i allready bought it cause i know if i cant get it running i can part it out and sell the parts for more than $50 so i just need to go take a look at it today im not gonna do anything to it till it stops raining/snowing here.

ill get some pics today

Aye sounds like timing belts and a good score! If you part it out by all means I have a list already made of stuff I need for mine.

hrm.....100% profit......nah me thinks ill keep it, being i allready have a good running EA82T if the engine is bad and i have only seen like 3 RX's around the area

Ok i went and took a look at it today, the guy couldent find the key right now so i cant see if i can get it running yet, but the outside is in good condition and the inside is just very dirty but seems in pretty good condition

i got like 5 pics in my gallery

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1000

yea i cant argue for $50 its got 192K on it so im thinking that i might just throw in the good running motor from my GL-10 and maybe rebuild the motor thats in the RX right now.