Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Engine Immobilizer standard. What is it?

LOL. that is pretty funny that the immobilizer comes standard but the security system does not. i am looking at upgrading the keyless entry to a subaru security system.this site has them for $136 but i'm not sure how difficult the installation is. i'm pretty mechanically inclined.http://subaru.autowebaccessories.com/store/prod181_201_1345.php

I upgraded my 01 Forester to a keyless entry (suppose to be standard equipment:mad: ) and it was easy. Just a box under the dash.

Then I upgraded to a security system. Easy install. A screwdriver is all you'll need. Subaru installation instructions are great!

Good Luck

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester, Push bar, spoiler, wood dash, keyless entry, security system soon to have rock sliders and tweeter kit. All were easy installs.

If you buy a subaru OEM alarm or keyless entry, they are pretty much plug and play. Just as long as the system was made for your vehicle (OB, legacy, imprezza, baha....)

Look on Ebay. I see them going pretty cheap all the time. Some are used some are new. All pretty cheap.

Does anyone know if they offered KE for the 90 legacy?