Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Salem Oregon

Hello there. I see you have an 85 wagon. I also have an 85 GL Wagon (carb). I'm trying to locate the blower fan relay. The blower does not work and there's no power at the connection. The actual fan works when I hook it up to the battery. It's not the resistors, because speed 4 bypasses that and still no juice to the fan. I have not pulled the upper dash to check the switch... thought the relay would be easier to check first.

Any help would be appreciated.

I do not think there is a relay just for the blower fan, but there is a relay for the whole system. It is located by the headlight relays on the driver's side. You need to pull the lower kick panel off. And above the fuse box, right where the dash ends on the left side is 3 or 4 bullet relays, you can switch them around and see if the fan starts to work. If that is the problem, I would head down to Pick a Part in Turner or U-Pull-it in S. Salem and pick up a few of those. There is also a fuse for that system, but hopefully you have already checked that.

BTW: I am in Portland. Can help you with used parts if you need them.

I do not think there is a relay just for the blower fan, but there is a relay for the whole system. It is located by the headlight relays on the driver's side. You need to pull the lower kick panel off. And above the fuse box, right where the dash ends on the left side is 3 or 4 bullet relays, you can switch them around and see if the fan starts to work. If that is the problem, I would head down to Pick a Part in Turner or U-Pull-it in S. Salem and pick up a few of those. There is also a fuse for that system, but hopefully you have already checked that.

BTW: I am in Portland. Can help you with used parts if you need them.

How does a bullet relay work? I've always thought of one relay for one component. Do you have a phone # I can call you on? Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

I used to live in Mt.Angel and who knows you might have seen me runnin around a few years ago with a 91 loyale 2wd that was the dreaded mica red but live up in the Portland area but if you want to make a trip up here I might be able to help if anything
Hey, Milwaulkie is not far. Do you have a phone # I could have? Would be easier to discuss in person. I've often wanted to convert this wagon into a rally car. Just as soon as all the electrical craps out... hee hee. Thanks for your input.

How long have you been in Salem? Did you go to High School there? I grew up there, lived on shipping street behind the Bob's Bugers on the old gut, went to North from '87 to '91. Maybe we know some of the same people.

that must be the old old old gut then :) cause it has moved a few times since then lol and that Bob's is still there I think but the one on Lancaster closed shop a few years ago which sucks