Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82t help please.

My 87 ea82t gl10 4wd has a stumbling problem that seems to be getting worse. It runs pretty smooth down the road, but I can feel a surge/stumble every couple of seconds or so. And it seems hestitant when you want to take off from a dead stop. And finally I went to McD's for lunch, noticed the stumble as usual, but once I returned to my work, it stumbled while idling, which has never happened before. I know the maintenance has been kept up on her, but I'm thinking ignition system i.e. cap, rotor, plugs and wires.

The whole thing feels like something is clogged, like maybe the exhaust. I anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

you already posted on this problem right? you have tesed some things? ok this is what my teacher used to ask us if we looked stumped in finding a problem. Whats good? fuel pressure? MAF? TPS? CTS? it sounds like ignition but it also my be a bad injector or power supply to the injectors. a ground. its hard to troubleshoot over the net espically a problem like you seem to have. give us more info. you may need to take it to a shop with a dyno and a scope and let them simulate road conditions and see what happens.

if you run multiple posts on the same problem it may not help you much.

If you dont know when the ignition parst were changed and you dont want to bother troubleshooting. then just change them. use good stuff like NGK.

there have been many people with various surging, hesitation, stumble problems in the past. It could be one of many problems. you ned to do some checking. I already laid out a list of suspects for you to look at. if you need help understanding how to test a particular item we can help with that. but there is no sure fire fix for the problem you are experiencing.