Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new forum by popular demand?

archemitis

so mabey I dont quite get it. but this will be for subaru modifications? old and new gen?

and the old gen. new gen. will be for basic keeping the car runing, fixing the blown head gasket type stuff?

hmm gonna have to learn old dog new trick.thats cool I will adapt.

I'm kind of torn on this. On the one hand, it probably will remove a lot of the clutter from the regular forums. But on the other hand, some of the forums may get stagnant, and since it's not separated by year or anything, there could be a lot of confusion.

Hmmmmm.......:confused:

i think this place will rule, when i was looking for help on fuel injecting my car, i would make a post and it would get pushed to the bottom by common problems like, clicking cvs, and got no attentin. this will be a good thing. as maintanance gurus can hang out and help with the old forum. and the swap guys can help with this forum alot. i think we've needed something like this for a long time.

thanks!

You cant divide this forum new/old gen because it covers putting an ej22 into a Brat for example. At the same time it covers putting an ea81T into an 82 Brat too. But the idea is to meld experts and have them share the forum. Yes, old gen guys will see alot of WRX engines into Legacies or Imprezas possibly but there really isn't a way to create a forum like this without that. The people that read this forum will learn from others and find themselves answering questions that they probably wouldn't have read in the Newer or Older Gen forums cuz they dont read those.

you are considering. . ., us, mixing, with, those, ... New Gen, guys. (GASP), are yoU!?? (AAAhhhhh!).

Kewl, I'm diggin on these new forums, I will have a place more to my ilke than just the regular "hang out" forum.

One question though, will this forum also cover the adaptation of other makes stuff into our cars?? Like Nissan T-cases, toyota axles, delorian seats. . . . ?

I'm wondering what would be covered here that would not be covered in the Older Generation forum?

Seems to me that most of the swapping and retrofitting is for the Old Generation cars anyway? :confused:

So is the Old generation Soob forum for "Unmodified Old Subies" only?

Slightly confused?

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer--Which forum am I?

01 Forester--New Gen for now?

In response to sweet82's question, the way I see it is that the old gen forum would cover all maintainance issues and general questions about the cars, and questions could relate to any car with an old gen motor or an old gen chassis, depending on the nature of the question. If it's an old gen part that's failing, that's where you would post about it, regardless of what car its in.

Did that make any sense?

think shawn is prolly trying to get a whole new crowd in here with the conversions forum. you guys that are bichin, stop, we have always needed this. look at any other forum. they are divided alot better than ours was. with all of the traffic the usmb sees. it will keep posts from getting on page 2 in day 1. dont you get tired of all the common questions on the old forum? stuff you have answered 1k times before, and were glad to do it. but it just gets old reading through all that stuff. this should be called the hardcore forum!

or "dont wuss out, weld it in" forum.

think shawn is prolly trying to get a whole new crowd in here with the conversions forum. you guys that are bichin, stop, we have always needed this. look at any other forum. they are divided alot better than ours was. with all of the traffic the usmb sees. it will keep posts from getting on page 2 in day 1. dont you get tired of all the common questions on the old forum? stuff you have answered 1k times before, and were glad to do it. but it just gets old reading through all that stuff. this should be called the hardcore forum!

or "dont wuss out, weld it in" forum.

Okay, you've got me convinced. I definitely think we should use your name for it too.:lol: