Ultimate Subaru Message Board

East Coast Meet Date.......

Guest EJ

Naa shouldn't be a problem. We won't do to much crazy stuff and most will be stock height any way. This is kinda a test meet to see if it will be worth it to try a bigger one later.

Guest beauregaardhooligan

Well gentlemen,(you too, Evan) I went and did it. I committed to buying another wagon.

Don't shoot me now, it's not a Subaru. It's even better. A 2nd owner '64 Plymouth Valiant V200 with the /6 *and* push-button automatic. It's been sitting on blocks since '88 and will probably need a total engine rebuild, but the body is as nearly perfect as an almost 40 year old vehicle can be.

Anyway, my point is, I've shot my wad and most regretably will be unable to attend. I really wanted to go and to meet all ya'll, but the wherewithall just ain't nowhere around now.

So, think of me while your having fun, and don't leave any paint on any trees!

:cool:

Guest Wagon Wagon

I'm thinking of coming up for this... as long as I can get off work. My car isn't much to look at but I figure it'll still be fun.

How about lodging? Will there be places to camp up there? I can bring a tent and stuff...

wait a minute... why would I need a tent? I've got a wagon! ;)

Its a state forrest/park. They will have some restrictions as far a open fires and stuff. We haven't had enough rain this year or last year, so things are kinda dry. Hope you can make it, no one cares about looks. Just bring your wagon and we should have a good time.

Guest fireboy401

where could i stay (camp) friday and saturday night? we want to drive up friday night and stay so that we dont have to get up incredibly early saturday morning and drive that distance... plus it'll give the soob some down time after the drive. anything is specific we will need for off-roading? this is my first time so i dont have a clue...

Guest beauregaardhooligan

I know, Dennis, most heinous. I really want to do the PB run someday, hopefully soon. We'll hook up fershure next time I get over there.

fireboy401, make sure your spare is aired up. If you've got an inflator bring it. It helps to let off some air sometimes in the soft stuff.

Absolutley bring a jack. Maybe a piece of 3/4" plywood about 1' square to keep it from sinking in sand/mud.

A small shovel can really be handy.

Extra water and oil.

Check your belts and hoses. Maybe get a spare if it looks iffy.

WD-40

And above all, duct tape. If you can't fix it with duct tape, your not using enough.

hey E.J., whats the count on the people coming? I was at the PB this sunday finding some new trails. It was pretty dry down there, I think your subaru might be able to make that mud run now! :>

About 10.....I am begining to think anyone coming a long distance might think what to think about spending time and money to see acouple of scoobies? Funny how alot of people here on the eastcoast bitch about not having any meets. Then when one is planned, everyone dissapears. Of course there are the usual suspects, Moosens, Beau/ED, Svxpert, Dennis. It is nice however to see acouple of new names taking intrest.

Guest MaytagMan

Hey everyone, I'm rather new here, never noticed the forum, but I love the site. I have a '90 loyale 5spd wagon. I adore the car, and although its been giving me a bit of trouble lately...

( Fuel pump, rear wheel cyls, rear lines, front hoses, rear hoses, front calipers, rear pads, fuel filtration, air filter, bad wheel bearings, blown CV joint, massive rusting, bent hub-spline, etc)

Its finally back on the road. I was wondering if I'd need to look into a lift before tackling this... though I'm fairly sure I wont, I wanted your opinions. If I feel the car can make the 3 hour trip to the pinebarons, I'll be happy to go and bring some friends...

Name's Sean, but everyone just calls me Maytag

I look forward to meeting the members of this prestigous establishment, heh

This will be a good meet for everyone to get together and drive around abit. We will hang out and then go hit the trails. If anyone wants to not go 4x4'n in there subie then I am sure someone who is will give you a ride. I don't think you'll have any problems with the roads we go on. Just make sure your scooby is in good shape before you come down so you can make it to the meet. Hope to see you there.

Guest fireboy401

Hey Maytag nice to have you join us...

my sube's not lifted and I'm gonna give it a try... in fact mine is only two wheel drive so that will be intresting... but heck come join us like EJ said this is gonna be a good time to get to know everyone. :)

Guest MaytagMan

Indeed lets hope it is, hehe.

The loyale's in good enough shape motor wise, only thing I'll have to watch on the way down is certain drivetrain elements, bloody CV joints and bearings, but Ive got 2 sets of bearings and seals in the back compartment crumple zone, hehe. Lets hope I wont have to use em. Just bought some blizzaks to boot, so I should be OK on the trails. Is anyone leaving from the NY area? I'd like to have a convoy around just incase, or just to travel with, heh.

Guest Meeky Moose

Hmmm, is anyone goin up from virginia? maybe we can get together and caravan up. if not i'll need some good directions :) and i'd have to bring my wife and kid too.

If i can make it i'll just pick up those parts from ya then Moosens

For now i just have a Fwd 88' XT6, always wanted to go Boonie hoppin' in it. :)

Guest Dennis

yeah...

wagon wagon and fireboy are coming from that way i think...

heres an idea, buy my AWD xt6 that day and cruise the PB without worry

Guest Wagon Wagon

I'm probably going through PA to get there. From here to Jersey is more west-east than north-south. Even though the name of my state has Virginia in it, I'm farther from VA than you'd think. ;)

Also what is the exact name of the place we are meeting up? I tried looking up "Atiston" on the map and it came up as in invalid name.

Guest moosens

Great link but are we meeting at the ranger station where Paisan had us meet last September 15th(2001)??

THe diner @ Rt.'s 70 and 206(Red Lion) is a good spot for folks from the north to gather.

Ranger station on Rt.206 was the place I remember where we all got together.

Trail maps?

Guest fireboy401

Yeah Meeky I'm coming up from va... I'm on the penninsula... maybe we can meet somewhere on the way up and caravan. so you're bringing your family? my friend natalie is coming with. i'll get in touch with you later and we'll work something out... for now i got some work to do on the wagon when i get around to it...