Ultimate Subaru Message Board

East Coast Meet Date.......

Guest EJ

Some of you seem to know the area pretty well, thanks for the kewl link.

The link has no info on camping or camp sites.

My problem is I may be bringing a motorhome and I have two dogs.

Most state parks do not allow dogs in there camping areas.

I'm trying to work out the semantics of this and

there seems to be others looking for campgrounds in the area.

Svxpert, I wanted to email you but your bio is not filled out?

Looks like a great place for true camping - tent type.

No Dogs are permitted, no alcohol

here are some of the places

www.state.nj.us/dep/fores...tm#Wharton

and here are the rules

www.state.nj.us/dep/fores...camrul.htm

and here is how to make reservations

www.state.nj.us/dep/fores...camres.htm

They even rent Yurts.

As I may be in a motor home with dogs and these are not designed for RV style camping I will have to consult my RV camping directory.

I may just bring my wagon and find an

"Ed's Beds -No Tell Motel"

sounds like a party...

u could wander to philly and i could get you one of those real classy places...

like the ones that still advertise they have "color tv" in thier rooms...$35 a nite, vibrating bed $.50 a shot, adult programming extra...

the one that says "We change sheets hourly"

Think I'll pass, but thanks for the offer.

BTW for the true "Have bag must camp types" not whimps like me

the area is rich in real nice bivwhack sites.

Hey Skip,

I live down closer to the shore, we have alot of campgrounds down this way. I'll check the phone book of a couple and see if any are open. I am sure we could work out a ride for you and the dogs. How big are the dogs? I only have a hatch. I'll be in touch. This area of south jersey has alot of campgrounds. Shouldn't be a problem finding you a place. If not you can park in my driveway, well run a water hose out and an extention cord out for power.

Thanks EJ, most generous offer.

as I am still not sure which bit of transport I am going to use the loose ends need tied.

I am leaning toward my wagon, ( 28 MPG vs 7 MPG has alot to do with it)

ah the Dee Oh Gee's

yellow lab- Holmes ~ 90 El Bee's

boarder col.- Tootes ~ 75 ""

Yea I was think'n of that place also, however that is a secret camping spot. I don't want alot of people to know about it. The owners might get mad a me for using it too much.

Guest Wagon Wagon

Hey Skip- maybe we should meet up and follow each other up. Since you're so close to where I live I think we'll be taking the same route anyway...

Guest fireboy401

well... took off from work and went home for fall break... big mistake... i am planning to move out of my house totally and not look back... the title of the wagon is under my parent's name and so... when i leave i lose my wheels. so unless things change drastically... i won't be joining you guys because i'll no longer have the sube. :(

Don't give up hope, life at home can be trying sometimes. Hey getting your live in order is more inportant than coming to a car meet. If all goes well with this meet we will have more, everyone doesn't know this yet but it is a meet/planning meeting for the next eastcoast meet. I figure if this small group of people show up then they are the die hards out here and we'll be able to plan something bigger next year. Do what you've gotta do, get things in order. We'll see you next time around.

Guest MaytagMan

Well folks, the time is coming near, and my bondo is almost dry, so I guess we northerners should co-ordinate a meet for the convoy formation. I really have no Idea where im going, and it would be nice to have a fellow suber to make the trip with. If anyone has any ideas, im located in Warwick, NY, and will probably be in staten Island the day of the meet taking my SATs until 12:30p if anyones going around that time, post on up and maybe we'll hook up on the road somewhere. Cheers

I took the lift off today. I have to get a chunk of metal to make a bracket for the A/C. Then I'll let you know when it will be, soon and before the meet I hope.