Ultimate Subaru Message Board

76 restoration

yes there are a lots of parts i need,first if you have the front emblem I"m searching one for a long time so i would like that.

side mirrors:i need side mirror"s if you know of or have the ones that comes on the fenders(like gsr) them to ,if not which one you have? any case i"ll take them too.

where are you from?

my dashboard and the shifting stick(automatic) sarounding is in very poor shape,so if that can be shipped its super.

does the rear light looks like the one at the picture?

look I dont mine to ship a box with all those parts and all other that can be taken out.

please let me know

Well you do have alot of work to do on your project car. But I don't like seeing old subarus dying and will always do my best to help keep them going. It is hard when there are parts in different countries and to import them into your country at a resonable price. You will have a very rare car when it is finished and I wish you all the best and will do what I can from the bottom of the world to help.

Regards Kevin

hello this is the car still in progress .

lots of wark to come

• 9 months later...

Good news, as you remember my 76 gf was missing a gear box and engine (i found it at a junk yard)

automatic gear box of that model is hard to find

so after a lot of searching i found an old subi laying in an old farm.

Its a 78 station wagon,automatic but thats not all...

this car until yesterday had only one owner!!

The guy i bought it from had own it since 78!

it wad last driven in 2002, so we tried to start it: new battery ,water in the radiator,checking the engine spins,turning the swich and after some shoking the engine works! like nothing. shifting to "R" good kick on the gas pedle and the car is moving! like it was never unused in the last 3 years,some gear oil is missing so it drives slowly but that will be changed.

full of enthusiation i told to my self that car must be restored and not striped out for parts(the gf will wait some more time..)

but bad news is that the owner had taken the car off the road ,the problam in israel is that even if you"r not using your car you still have to pay the yearly fees,so the one of the ways to stop that is by taking the car off the road ,that move is one way ticket ,and the car couldnt be on the roads again for ever.

so i guess i"ll have to strip it tomorrow

pics tomorrow too

Grill,still in my car,in a box,ready to go.

I just had a short trip.I'll get it going this week.

Nice score!

hey paul,

you couldn't get your hands on a passenger side headlight surround for the grill on a '74 could you? i had a slight run in with a fence while driving through the creek in my yard:banghead: ...

_mike

hey paul,

you couldn't get your hands on a passenger side headlight surround for the grill on a '74 could you? i had a slight run in with a fence while driving through the creek in my yard:banghead: ...

_mike

Well,I need to get to this guy who has three 1974's on his property.Hopefully he's still alive.I'm not sure how soon I can get there,but I'll try just after the green disappears and before the white stuff comes down.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, new here to soobynet...

go the 76 soobies, i have a 76 dl 1600 sedan (in great condition)...

wish it was a coupe... only ever seen one pre 79 coupe, it was just the other day, 1400 4wd coupe... infact ive never seen any pre 80 model soobies around NSW Australia... wasnt in bad condition but looked like it had never been loved...

anywayz good luck with the restoration... hope the old sooby generation doesnt die...

• 3 weeks later...
hey paul,

_mike

Hey, Mike, this is Gary in Cleveland, what does this headlight surround look like? I might have one still in the Subaru wrapper. Do you know the part number? The ones I have still have part number tags on them.

• 3 weeks later...