Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A Friend of Mine

Guest UltimateRX

Guest UltimateRX

Got an e-mail from Dr. Seal, he said that they did three engines for Subaru, one eventually became the 2.2 in the Legacy, so that engine has NW roots, maybe that's why it is so dependable. The bum part of the e-mail was the he is replacing the Subaru engine in Viking 7 with a Ford SHO engine.

Guest Witte

I hate to ask but WTF is he doing putting in a SHO engine? Best V6 I've ever messed with but its the size of a 351 for god's sake. Why not just run a 302 or 351?

And yes you have to own work on a SHO V6 to really apprecate the engine. 220HP is what ford restricted it from Yamaha's "delivered" 300HP. Cams are a sick joke they are so tame, exaust after the manifold is teh worst. Easiest way to tell 300HP was the origional HP is that the stock exaust manifolds are as good as it gets till you are putting close to that to the ground. Shame it never went into a car with a tranny that could handle the power.

Guest UltimateRX

Well, it's like this, the engine is out of his daughter's car, she took it in for a trade in on a new car, they would only give her $500 for the car, Dr. Seal said, "I'll give you $500 for the car." So he got a car with the engine, so what to put it into, why not the Viking 7?? :lol:

Guest Witte

Makes sense, but Kinda sucks that yet another SHO is gone. Trust me a clean origional SHO from 89 or 91 will be worth huge $$$$ a couple decades from now.