Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Great news for EA82T Copper Head Gaskets

Guest Lewy80DL

Guest Lewy80DL

Thanks to Skip, we now have the AutoCad files needed to make the gaskets without paying a setup cost. Skip created two styles. If you look at a turbo head gasket, there is one hole that has an o-ring as part of the gasket. Skip made one file with the hole the same as the inside diameter of the o-ring, and the other with what would be the hole diameter without the o-ring, so that you can get an o-ring to install there.

So, if you want one, you just have to call Gasket Works USA, (mention Corky) 626.358.1616 voice/page, or 626.358.7971 fax, tell him which one of the sizes you want, and thickness (I think .043 is the correct thickness), he takes either Visa or MC. I'm going for the one with the larger whole, and finding an o-ring to fit.

Good luck!!

Oh, by the way, I now have two sets of regular turbo head gaskets. I'll set them at $20 a set, but Qman has first graps.

Guest wjmgl10

Im drooling now.......copper head gaskets, avalible for ea82t.........ooooooooooooooo!!!!! :) I may get a set if I ever get some $$$ and the car home to rebuild her.

Guest wingnwing

what timing, I am going to get 2 of those gaskets. I needed them yesterday but I can wait a while. any idea about the price. delivery times?

thanks all for helping the rest of us out!!

I read it as if the entire gasket is made of copperY/N?

Guest XTturbo

A frend of mine works on a CNC puncer machine and I'm sure that I can get them a lot tceper than that. Amy possibillity of getting that CAD file Skipp??????

If I gett the file I will let him make 100ed's of them for all of you at cost prise.

Gunni

Guest pkdavis300

hmmm, I was quoted about $70 per set (2 gaskets) from him, Gasket Works (a year ago) plus a $60 template fee, so it was $130 to me. I thought then follow on sets would be at $70. He is located in Irvine, CA, about one hour from me. He is strictly mail order, and does not have a store front, so one cannot visit. Prices may be up over the year, but I think $100 is high. There is no right or left, so one gasket fits all, and 0.043 is what I used too. Shipping should be near $10 CONUS. I made a set for $20 parts and many hours labor, using a drill press, cutters, and files. Not cost effective for me to do, but a CNC would be easy. Check him on price as these are small (under 7" x 11" sheets) and if can get them for $20 for two, then he should get or have big supplies of copper sheet for less. The cost is mostly labor (and having the RIGHT tools, i.e. CNC, etc). Just my ramblings. R/ Patrick.

Guest Rooak420

now is this just the ea82T head gaskets or will it work for the norm ea82? just one of them dumb questions i dont know the answer to lol.

Guest subyswamper

Ok lets see here, $100 for two EA82T head gaskets, and how much for the rest of the gaskets and seals needed? Then do you think they will out last the 166k miles I got out of the origanal gaskets that can be had for half the price?

just my .02, Ralph

Guest Lewy80DL

No Ralph, what you need to think is how many time would I have to replace these head gaskets, if you get 166k miles on a single head gasket, these would be good for atleast 500k miles.