Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2000 OBW. I have determined that my autodim function is not working. Does anyone have any suggestions on what possible problems to look for or do I need to buy a new one and where. I know I have power to it because the compass works, and the green light comes on. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Charles

Try cleaning the sensors with a little bit of alcohol on a swab. Make sure you get both sensors. I thought mine went out too but turned out that they just needed cleaning. Hope that works.

2000 OBW. I have determined that my autodim function is not working. Does anyone have any suggestions on what possible problems to look for or do I need to buy a new one and where. I know I have power to it because the compass works, and the green light comes on. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Charles

Try cleaning the sensors with a little bit of alcohol on a swab. Make sure you get both sensors. I thought mine went out too but turned out that they just needed cleaning. Hope that works.

The only problem is I'm not sure exactly where to clean. Is the sensor in the hole on the front of the mirror or on the face near where the green light is?

The sensor is in a hole boh on the front and back of the mirror body. The green light is just an indicator to let you know the auto dimming function status.