Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 loyale check engine light problems`

Alright, heres the deal. check engine light was on, checked the ecu, got the egr code, fixed that. reset the check engine light, and now it flashed on and off. I've never seen a sooby do that before.

What does the flashing check engine light mean? (my boss said it gives out the codes, I told him he was crazy.) its on for a half second and then off for a half second.

And how do I get the Check engine light to stop flashing like that.

91 Loyale SPFI. recent engine swap

other car manufacturers have the CE light flash the codes, not soobs though.

does it always do it? did you try disconnecting the battery? is everything that you worked on hooked up and wired properly?

it never had this problem before right? or has it always done this since the engine swap?

Its a customer car. Everything worked fine before the engine swap. I did not do the swap, but I checked everything and its all hooked up right. I plugged in the green clearing connectors, and drove it fora few miles, and it made the check engine light come back on and stay on constant. Unlugged the clearing connectors and it goes back to the flashing check engine light again.

Its weird, because the car runs GREAT. Out of the last 30 I've worked on, this one runs the best. The guy is trying to get it IM'd so he can register it so I really need to get this problem fixed.

This may mean trouble with the ECU but I'm not sure. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes to clear the ECU? I would power fail the ECU and then drive it again to see what happens. If it comes back then I would guess something is wrong with the ECU and it is trying to warn you about something with it.

figured it out. Who ever worked on the car last plugged in the white connector next to the green connector. I didnt know that it was a combination to resetting the ecu. I always just unhooked the negative for a few minutes.

The flashing check engine light is a all clear for the ECU. its saying that everything is functioning correctly. After unplugging the white connector, the check engine light went out