Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hello, I am a first time subaru owner with a 2005 atlantic blue / silver Outback LL Bean. I absolutely love the car and was sold by 1- how solid it is (that fantastic thud when you close the door ), 2- the 5 star crash rating. All my previous vehicles have been GM crap which start having major problems around 130,000 miles. I am impressed with the volume of chat on the net concerning subarus, 95% of which is good. I searched chat groups for pontiac transports and found one site with 18 entries since 1996- Boy theyr'e excited about thier rigs .

My Bean also came with a subwoofer-HOW I LOVE THAT MUSICAL BEAT ON MY HEATED LEATHER SEAT! Later

Sure...come on the board and make us all jealous! :slobber::slobber::slobber:

Congrats on your new Subie!

They're just plain fun to drive! My favorite place is mountain gravel roads when no one's around :D

Welcome to the board!

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer--does not require roads

01 Forester--loves mountain roads

Welcome to the board. You're right; we are much more active in corespondence about our rides.

That very minimal post was a cheap ploy by Northguy to inch closer to 2170 posts at which time he is eligible for a free encylclopedia!

;)

Cars and their designs are works in progress. My first Sub was a FWD 1984 and the latest is the 05 OBiLtd. Some will make the argument that the older Subes were the reliable workhorses and the new ones are following a road more travelled. Well, I guess as I've gotten older I don't mind some of the newer amenities like cup holders and heated seats (Note: no longer holding a cup of hot coffee precariously between your legs necessitated the need for seat warmers).

While the side crash tests were not as glowing as the frontal impact test, it still beats the earlier "no airbag" design.

As for the entusiasm of the USMB board members, they have been invaluable in solving mysteries of things Subaru for me and saving me many bucks to boot in the process.

Moderator, please note that this current post is much more wordy than Northguy's and could possibly count for bonus posting credits in my total, inching me closer to nirvana.

BTW the solid sound of the door closing is impressive on the 05s.

That very minimal post was a cheap ploy by Northguy to inch closer to 2170 posts at which time he is eligible for a free encylclopedia!

;) Ah Brus man now I see how it works around here:rolleyes: Maybe Northguy is just lonely way up there in the north.BTW how many miles on your 05,and how is the gas mileage? I went from 14-15 mpg in the first 500 miles (city) to about 18 now at about 1600.

I see you have the LL Bean. I believe your's is the 6 cyl.. Is it manual or AT?

I have the 05 OB 2.5i Ltd. ( a snappy monotone Champagne Gold color... better gas mileage?). It's only a 4 banger and runs on 87 octane with an auto trany. I will have to check the mileage as it is actually the missus' ride. I now drive the cast off 2000 GT also Auto., woe is me ;) . The GT gets about 22 mpg mixed hwy. and kid chauffeur with some pinging at 87 octane, an issue I am trying to resolve.

I think I remember seeing a display for mpg on the center gauge panel. I'll check the next time I'm in the car and use the automatic calculator on the dash gauges. It'll take a week or so to get a mileage count by my own calculations so I'll send you a PM if this thread is in mothballs by then.