Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rebuilt Webber sources?

I'm ready to take the plunge, and am trying to find a reputable rebuilder with the correct Webber already in stock. I don't have a core, so that eliminates a lot of sources for rebuilt carbs.

I did find one that will sell me a rebuilt Webber, and take the old Hitatchi as a core (can you believe that??)

http://carburetorexchange.com/

Anybody have any experience with these guys? The guy who answers the phone doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Or can anyone recommend a good source for rebuilt or rebuildable Webbers?

thanks, John

I live in Albuquerque, NM and there is a company here that can sell you a webber "32/36 DGEV" part #K730 for (he quoted me this price in October2004) $376.28. I don't know if this is a better deal than what your dealing with but if you want to check it out the phone # is 1-505-232-5545, ask for Andy.

I live in Albuquerque, NM and there is a company here that can sell you a webber "32/36 DGEV" part #K730 for (he quoted me this price in October2004) $376.28. I don't know if this is a better deal than what your dealing with but if you want to check it out the phone # is 1-505-232-5545, ask for Andy.

Thanks for the info.

That seems to be going price for new Webs these days. I'd love to have a brand new one, but I can't justify laying down that kind of $$. I was hoping there was somebody out there with some good rebuilt ones.

Of course, a rebuilt carb is only as the rebuilder, and if it comes down to buying one from a hack shop, I'd rather find a good core and do my own rebuild.

Rebuilding the original is also an option, but I'm getting kinda bored with Hitatchi's...

John