Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WIRING/ CODE HELP on 84 sedan....??????

Guest mudrat79

Guest mudrat79

Hey everyone that can give input...I need a code read for me.... I have this 84 sedan auto tranny 4x4 power everything, and digital dash......It drove home. When I drove it home, The idiot lights on the dash would not go out. Auto tranny temp sensor, oil , water , and whatever else sits along the bottom of the digital dash.... I gave the thing a full tune-up and now it won't run at all. It started back up after the tune-up ran fine for about 5 mins, then shut down, Has no power to the ignition fuse in the car. but has power comeing into the car from the fusable link. As far as the code goes, its giving me a number 18 code.... what is this refering to....? I will be checking back to this post in an hr or so, I'm going to try to trace the power wire farther up under the dash. Is there by chance another fuse in line somewhere up under the dash.....? HELP ME PLEASE........:-) John in Oregon.......

You mention its digital dash and all is it a throttle body one? didnt they make one this early on the ea81's/ea81t's? There isnt an 18 on my sheet for fuel injected ones. There is an 18 for 1984 Carb models, and it says "ignition pulse system". When you tuned up your carb did you loosen the little wires on the ign coil or another spot? Have you tried resetting the sys by just disconnecting the battery and reconnecting and start er up?

Guest mudrat79

Yes Mine is carbed.....As far as the ign. pulse system...?? What and where.....??? Are you talking about the brain in the distributor...? If so, Why no power inside the car for ignition.? Are you able to make a call....? (541 ) 688-7303 before 9:30 pm pacific time...... I have a 1-800 number at work, but I don't have it on me here at home.....I'll get it tomorrow, if I don't figure it out on my own...... Thanks for breaking the code for me....Would the ign. pulse system. Also be causing the dash not to light up as it should ..? Thanks again, John in Oregon.

Guest richierich

do you have the 84 subaru book that they dealership uses it white with blue lines? If you don't I might be able to let you borrow mine but of course it is in Portland. But I do want to talk and get my sticker sometime call me in Eugene at 343-2797 and ask for richie.

Guest mudrat79

Hello, Richie....Sorry, I've been getting ready for Hunting season. No time to check computer mail or anything else for that matter. I got your Number wrote down. I'll try to call you before the week is out. On the chance that I get to check mail again, when is a good time to catch you there...? I'll catch up to you soon. John......

Guest richierich

A good time to call is after 1:00 cuz all my classes are in the morning. I am going to be going back to port this weekend, but when ever we catch up is fine. See ya and good hunting.