Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lake Tahoe Snow Run.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhhh, what fun. As it looks, next weekend is probably out. I'll be pulling a tranny. The following one is more than likely out, but the one after that MAY work if I don't go to washington for the weekend. So 3 or 4 weekends from now....dang, if you do it sooner I understand, and maybe I can work something out.

Dave, we need to take a pre-lim trip to see if silverfork is accessable. Last time I tried to get up there in the winter the main road was closed, but I was thinking of gaining access from the tract further up 50.

It will most likely be a sunday becuase sunday's work best for me, and probably everyone else.

-Brian

I'll try and get over there before dark one of these days, and have a look-see. Not much snow has fallen since that dump before Halloween, it may very well be open, at least as much as last time we went.

I'll let ya know.

JB and Jeremy, are ya interested?

Brian - do you guys wanna come all the way up here to drive around? I was thinkin of somewhere around the Boca/Strampede area? A little closer for you guys, and there's usually some good snow back in there. If you guys wanna come all the way up though, thats cool, jeremy and I could show you guys some cool mud areas out here.:grin:

This is a snow trip, not a mud trip. I will be in my turbo legacy, there will be a few other legacy's and maybe even 1 SVX along for the ride.

What I really want to find is a large parking lot, or clear opening where we can get alittle crazy in our cars on the snow.

We'll save the off-road & mud runs for when I got another lifted rig :)

-Brian

Well. I was going to post earlier that we hadn't had any snow here for a couple of weeks. Everything's been dry, but cold.

None of the parking lots are "covered in snow", but most of the Forest Service trails in Tahoe are closed.

The forecast just a few minutes ago called for some snow this weekend. Didn't sound like a "big dump" storm, but at least it's something (if any snow actually falls).

My 2 bucks

Brian, good thing you stayed home today. It took me 5.5 hours to drive from Nevada City CA to Reno NV. It was quite nuts, I'll never do that again! Iv never been so unprepared for winter as for this year. I only have one 4x4 running and thats my Brat. DAMN!!! I need some money to fix my Legacys.

Thats why I got out of there when I did Jeremy! I knew it was supposed to dump and it looks like I got out just in time! There's still some snow up here, I made fresh donut tracks today up at Los Altos on my lunch break today!:grin: Freaked out my co-worker too, he had never been out driving like that. Anyway, I don't know WHAT my schedule is gonna be so just let me know a few days in advance and I'll be there.

BTW Jeremy: How was skiing? Lotsa snow!!