Ultimate Subaru Message Board

make over for the 87 Brat

Guest bratman2

Guest bratman2

Just borrowed the digital camera at work and got some pictures of my 87 Brat after my brother finished with it at his body shop. This is a birthday present from my wife, I turned 41. You would never guess it had been in one of the worst hail storms in N.C. history back in 98. Someone with a web page that post pictures of fellow member Subarus, I would e-mail a picture. In the four years I have owned the Brat I managed to install Webber carb, Accell coil and wires, 180 degree thermostat, 2-inch turbo muffler and last Gabriel gas struts. Have new 185-80-13 Firestone 410's in the barn that will replace the 195-70-13 Cooper Classics in a couple of months. Glenn fgt72360@cs.com P.S. It's black Dupont Imron

Guest bratman2

E-mailed it this morning mattinfl. Thanks and let me know if they came out ok. Haven't ever e-mailed a picture before. Everbody that has seen it at work has stated shock over how it looks now, some said they thought it was a embarrassing piece of junk before. Glenn

Guest mattinfl

Glenn,

I got the picture, but its embedded in the email and I can't detach the images to upload.

Can you send it as an attachment? Don't worry about size, I'm on a T-3 connection. I'll leave my email open all day.

CD_anim.gif

Guest bratman2

mattinfl, let me know when you get the picture up on your web page. I just resent it as a attachment. Suppose to be two, but I believe 001 front view didn't attach for some reason. If it doesn't come out right let me know and I'll try again. Thanks a lot, Glenn

Guest bratman2

Thanks Matt, Wished I would have took two minutes to pull it out the shade. I was at work and didn't want to draw a crowd. I work at a fertilizer plant.

Guest bratman2

Sam, body was pretty straight. The main reason I had it painted was rust was poping up here and there. The hail storm really done the damage. My brother fixed 37 dents on the hood alone. Had two bad dents on top edge of drivers fender. I appreciate your comments. I personally was shocked how good it came out. The morning my brother painted he told me to come over and watch, I refused afraid that I might jinx it. Glenn Taylor

Guest ShawnW

Looks real good, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Im going to archive this post so I have the picture links on file after I return home.