Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22 swap-o-rama!!!

baccaruda

ungh. mine is going so slow. it's just hard to get out there for any meaningful amount of time. i haven't done any of that crap in my last post except for cutting the adapter plate. i am going to try to do the drilling before saturday, when i'm going out again to ...

INSTALL THE LIFT KIT! finally.

I should have one if not both of my new 92 Legacy GR2s ($45 shipped and $75 shipped, gotta love ebay!) by the end of the week :D ... I already have the WRX front springs, and I will hopefully have the WRX top spring perches by the end of the week as well.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The radiator hoses are a pain just so you know ahead of time... be prepared to customise something in there!
Just a reminder in case you didn't see my post you can save yourself ANY potential radiator headaches since I just happen to have a loyale radiator customized for EJ22 laying around. Put it in in April of 2004 and pulled it out the same month this year so its in perfect shape. --E

argh. thanks for the motivation. i went out to the shop to put in the lift and it was locked... another setback. plus i ddnt' get one of the shocks or the top spring seats in as i'd hoped to this week.

i have catchup stuff to do today such as refoaming the heater plenum, and assembling a 4.11 LSD that I am going to sell to pay for a new windshield and tires...

beef: thanks but i have a new radiator and I'm already over budget... I'll keep yours in mind in case it turns out that I need it. thanks :)

• 1 month later...

I borked the engine in my new Impreza, so the swap is on hold until that car is running again, the engine should be crossing the Mississippi any time now. the car should be good to go by the middle of next week, by the 3rd at the latest.

once that is good to go, and the adapter plate shows up i'll be ready to pull and swap all the goodies that will make my baby run again. I got the Kennedy Adapters wiring printout, as Shawn has said, i will concur with him. Makes it as simple as cake, well as simple as a 7 layer cake with a 3 tier design and a chocolate waterfall can be. basically what i'm saying is that if its simple enough for me, then anyone can figure it out.

Do you plan to put d/r tranny in your impreza?

I borked the engine in my new Impreza, so the swap is on hold until that car is running again, the engine should be crossing the Mississippi any time now. the car should be good to go by the middle of next week, by the 3rd at the latest.

once that is good to go, and the adapter plate shows up i'll be ready to pull and swap all the goodies that will make my baby run again. I got the Kennedy Adapters wiring printout, as Shawn has said, i will concur with him. Makes it as simple as cake, well as simple as a 7 layer cake with a 3 tier design and a chocolate waterfall can be. basically what i'm saying is that if its simple enough for me, then anyone can figure it out.

Do you plan to put d/r tranny in your impreza?

Not right now, i'm more concerned about getting the 88 running, can't leave D-troit with out it running. the imp is gonna get the 5MT out of the legacy, but thats gonna wait until Sea-Towne.

But now you have piqued my intrest, i may have to call up my man Mudrat and see if this is possible, with an RX tranny and the NA low range it might be a good time, with AWD and a center lock. Giggidy Giggidy, all right.

Plan to move to seattle? It's great and you will like it there... I miss that place very much..

Not right now, i'm more concerned about getting the 88 running, can't leave D-troit with out it running. the imp is gonna get the 5MT out of the legacy, but thats gonna wait until Sea-Towne.

But now you have piqued my intrest, i may have to call up my man Mudrat and see if this is possible, with an RX tranny and the NA low range it might be a good time, with AWD and a center lock. Giggidy Giggidy, all right.

Plan to move to seattle? It's great and you will like it there... I miss that place very much..

I was there for 2 summers and a winter vacation. i loved it then and i love it now. I went to the WCSS7 and almost didn't get back on the plane to come back to michigan.

• 1 year later...