Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Repair manual for ea81t?

Ross

Anyone know of a good one that properly covers the ea81t? My haynes manual does not differentiate between the ea81t and ea82t, they both come under "fuel injected engines". This makes it hard to properly diagnose problems, as i can't tell what applies to the ea81 and what to the ea82. An online manual would be good...

I mainly want to know about the distributer and related components on an '83.

Whoa... there's the nippondenso breakerless Fwd, Hitachi breakerless 4wd, but it says pick up coil and wiring harness on Turbo models are different.... there are related sections but it says in parentheses (except Turbo) sorry :(

Silly, because it covers many other Turbo parts? What's up with that?

Whoa... there's the nippondenso breakerless Fwd, Hitachi breakerless 4wd, but it says pick up coil and wiring harness on Turbo models are different.... there are related sections but it says in parentheses (except Turbo) sorry :(

Silly, because it covers many other Turbo parts? What's up with that?

sounds like my manual! covers some bits, but not others.

Thanks for looking anyway!

sounds like my manual! covers some bits, but not others.

Thanks for looking anyway!

No problem... let me check the other gazillion manuals I have. I'll warn you I have no clue what I'm looking at... (shhh, Tim just helped me look) LOL. I see little pieces parts but not the whole picture. I did get that Reader's Digest book that was recommended to me, it's from back in the early 80's to help me see how a car actually goes... <now sing with me> The wheels on the bus go round and round...

The Bentley manual covers the EA81T better than any other aftermarket manual I've seen. My scanner isn't working right now, but if someone else could scan pages 161 and 162 for you, I think they have what you want. Pages 55 and 62 also have diagrams that might help.

Otherwise, I think the only manual that will properly cover what you want is the turbo addendum for the '83 FSM. Someone on this board surely has one... just need to find out who. I would guess that McBrat or ShawnW might have one.