Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ATTN: Portland, Vancouver, Salem, and surrounding area members

There is a Club in the plans and has been for a long while for our area and it might be a good idea to initiate things and get things rolling on it. RichieRich was planning on making a non-profit organization as the backbone of the club but we want to meet up with as many people as possible and see what you guys think. Richie has suggested the 2nd weekend of this coming month for a get-together. I am thinking possibly at a Pizza place or something that has enough seating for alot of us in a group so that we can discuss things.

Post here if you think it is a good idea and if you want to join in person or spirit for the get-together and also if you want to join the club.

Further details will be announced on this thread.

Also this is open to anyone with a subie. Old school, new school, off road, on road, any road, rallycross, etc. lol

Hope to hear from alot of you guys!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am personally open. I will rearrange my schedule to fit the group, but think that the sooner the better because we all get busy closer to X-Mas. How about December 12th? It is a Sunday. I believe that evenings and weekends are usually better for the majority. I know some people do go to church on Sunday morning, and some worship the porcelain god after a long Saturday night. I think a 3 pm meeting at a Pizza Place or other local site would be good. We plan on meeting in NE Portland unless a large majority of people come out of the woodwork in Vancouver, or Oregon City area If people don’t show up, there will just not be a club, if you want some imput on this, hopefully you will find a way to make it.

Date not set in stone, just throwing it out there.

for me weekends are game for me just not weekday nights cause I work swing

and I am looking at either like Flying Pie Pizza on Stark or Kustom Pizza Co. on 28th & NE Glisan

I am wondering if it's ok to post this on the older and new gen forums to get more attention to this. And it would be nice to have a headcount to know how many people to expect and then call the pizza place to see if we can reserve a certain amount of tables for this group get-together and then find a defanate place later on when we finaly get the ball rolling and talk to a restauraunt for setting up a way of meeting every month at a certain day of the month and a certain time too. I have seen other car clubs and various other types of clubs that do this and also advertise it at the restauraunt.

edit: and oh yeah as I said in person or spirit so if anyone wants their $0.02 in on this and can't make it let me know what you want mentioned and I will try to bring it up cause I will make a list of stuff if there are a few that can't make it and have some stuff they want out of this club or concerns of stuff.

I'm in the area (I vote for Flying Pie on Stark.:) ) and would certainly be interested in meeting some of you. My schedule is pretty hectic though. If you have a consistent meeting time and place, I'd try to make it from time to time. I can't commit beyond that though. That said, evenings and weekends are best for me.

On a side note, where do you guys get Gen1 parts locally? Any good scrapyards worth mentioning? I've used a combination of dealership and Schuck's/Autozone special orders. I have a cache of spares too. If anyone is seeking anything, I may be able to help. In particular, I have a low mileage hydraulic lifter EA71 and a set of four 13" chrome wheels with all hubcaps and nearly new tires I'd love to get rid of. They take up too much space!

Good news:

Stark street pizza has a huge area. (its like 9600 block of Stark by I-205)

Bad news:

MY CV's were giving me MAJOR issues on my scouting mission so ALL my efforts are either directed to 3 areas:

Taking an evening to fix the CV's OR Getting the brat drivable so I can wait to fix the wagon AND packing up. We start moving in 12 hours :banana:

Which is nice... but I have barely STARTED to pack and have unfairly left Shannon to do all the work. I need to pull my load. I can afford to come out here. Shannon is sacrificing a christmas party to pack/move. So I therefore feel best sacricifcing the meet :(

I really wish I could be there, but 45 minutes or so driving each way, maybe 2 hours there... thats ALOT of time I could be using to pack up. We need to be out of here in a week and other than the computer being moved to the dining room table I havn't done anything. So I gotta miss this one until all the craziness in my life is straight. (and no Shannon is not MAKING me skip this, she explained she is giving up her party and quite frankly it would be selfish for me not to do the same)

i managed to get to a computer today and seen that the idea of the meeting is being put off till after the holadays, i was wondering if meybe a smaller group would like to get together here in the vancouver area, just those who can make it, just to start first hand discussion about the possible club, any takers can email me,... fordmanfox@myrealbox.com:banana: