Ultimate Subaru Message Board

To my knowledge these aren't all that rare. If you had a 91 turbo wagon with the LSD's then you might be looking at some more chedar. A friend of mine had a 94 Mi addition wagon and he couldn't sell it for $1,500.00 and that thing was loaded with all the toys.

It makes me happy that I only paid $700.00 for my 90 AWD wagon.

Anyone got any photo and build sheets on these early GTs, the first time the VIN shows a model GT is in 1996, but there is a note on the 1990 for the model code (7th place) the state after code number 5 + Legacy 'LS Special' (Options-GT, LT & NT). From 1996 on there is a code for a separate GT model. So like Josh said, it was an option package, not a model distinction.

I stopped by cars101.com, and they had some good information as far as what was included in the GT package for the 1994. I think most notably is the "body kit" and the raised roof. I couldnt find any specific production numbers, but on a way old nasioc post someone said that of the 4 special legacy models in 1994, there were like 1000 awd and 900 fwd (thats not official though).

matt

The info provided by SOA on model #'s and options packs is unreliable for the first gen legacies. Not all dealers entered all the information from the vehicles when they sold them, so SOA is not going to have a clue as to exactly what was sold and what was not. My car is a prime example. The dealer didn't put any of the pertinent info in SOA's computer.

The info provided by SOA on model #'s and options packs is unreliable for the first gen legacies. Not all dealers entered all the information from the vehicles when they sold them, so SOA is not going to have a clue as to exactly what was sold and what was not. My car is a prime example. The dealer didn't put any of the pertinent info in SOA's computer.

Hmmm, I was referring to production numbers, not dealer sales. The info I have been provided in the past for the Imprezas I owned was for the # of vehicles distributed to dealers.

You can email SOA directly thru the website and if you ask nicely they can often provide specific production numbers for year/model/transmission type but not by color. It might take a while but they can do it.
Yea, but if there was no model code for GT between 1990 to 1995, then how would you find out how many GT options were built?

Hmmm, I was referring to production numbers, not dealer sales. The info I have been provided in the past for the Imprezas I owned was for the # of vehicles distributed to dealers.

Doesn't matter....the info they have is incorrect. There's been several people that have emailed them about the turbo legacy prod. numbers, and they're completely and horribly incorrect.