Nissan Injectors?

Ross

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should have no problem just splicing into your main fuel line after your FPR, just like all the other fuel lines going to the injectors. I thought about doing the same thing, running an extra injector and just pulling the injector pulse off of say like the #1 cylinder injector. I think the injectors are on a batch injection setup where all the injectors fire at one time. Instead I am going with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. This will control the fuel pressure in direct relation with the amount of boost that you will run ie.. with it setup at a 1:2 ratio for every pound of boost increase it will rise your fuel pressure 2 psi and so on with 1:3 up to 1:6. Check it out you may be able to find a good deal on ebay. I picked mine up for about $62. Hope this helps.

Hey guys so far so good check it out! The flow testers is comeing along great! A few parts here and there really add up though but I figure that it is all worth it for my peeps, well for who ever uses this info. I picked up a stainless steel glycerin filled 200 psi pressure guage. The reason I picked this one was because normally the fuel pressure runs at about 95ish PSI, with my rising rate FPR attached to see how much difference it actually makes.

I also picked up a 6 60mil/cc graduated cylinders, I looked everywhere to try to find a 100+ one but to no prevail.:-\ Oh well this will just have to do, I have made every thing else work up to this point, this is just a minor pebble in the road.

I also picked up some nice switches to switch the injectors on and off. yada yada and so forth. I will post some more pics up here hopefully tomarrow with the injectors flowing.:banana:

7299DSC02167-med.jpg

7299DSC02168-med.jpg

7299DSC02171-med.jpg

Whats up everyone!!!

Well I have good news and pictures! :brow:

The flow bench works! I got all the electronics set up today and finished the plumbing. Tomarrow I will be setting the whole setup on a vertical platform and then hopefully I can start running my tests. 3 of the 6 injectors that I had originally seemed to have bad internals due to them not firing, but no fear I have plenty to test!

Currently I have the pump hooked directly into a fuel filter, then into the injector collum. At the end of the injectors I have the pressure gauge and then the FPR. The fuel (water) return is hooked up to the fuel resevoir of which the pump pulls from.

The pump with the FPR gives me about 42psi which I have heard this is a good pressure to test injectors. Check it out, WHAT DO YOU THINK? I will be posting all of my results periotically and then in one big final outcome.:banana:

Well here is the current running NOT FINISHED setup prior to completion

7299initial_flow_setup_003-med.jpg

This is an inj from a XT4 Turbo.

7299initial_flow_setup_005-med.jpg

This is an inj from a nissan 240sx turbo, I like the metal tip, help prevent any injector damage that may be caused by heat. You would be suprised how many cracked injectors I have seen but NEVER these ones.

7299initial_flow_setup_004-med.jpg

My glycerin filled guage showing us regulating at 42-43 psi. I cant wait to hook up the RRFPR.

7299initial_flow_setup_007.jpg

The fuel pump hooked to the filter.

7299initial_flow_setup_008-med.jpg

A few of the injectors atomized really good. I am going to reverse flow clean them and also run injector cleaner through them to see if that will help increase the flow. Either way I want to do a before cleaning and after cleaning flow test to show how much less cc/min get when dirty.

first off cool deal there..

second if you run water much longer kiss your fuel pump good by since it is partially lubricated by stuff in the gasoline

also i would suggest running warm kerosene or diesel fuel to help with keeping the fuel pump and the moving parts in the injectors lubricated maybe call a few places ask them what they run when they do injector testing

also

3rdish i might be allergic to this post as i have been non stop sneezing since i started to type grrr

4thish from all the injector data sheets i have looked at all the test pressures seem to be around 40-43 psi wich makes sense since most/alot of cars run about 40-43 or maybe a smidge more psi under full load

so i would assume you would want to test the injectors under those conditions

Well as far as using gasoline or warm kerosene or diesel fuel I dont really mind I just dont want to get fuel all over the place especially with ignition sources ie... 6 9v batteries and a car battery. Lots of sparks flying not a good combonation. I am actually running Kano Kroil mixed into the water. This stuff is probably one of the best lubricants I have ever seen. But I am going to call and or email around to see what people use to check the injectors, GOOD IDEA.

I am going to work on finishing the setup right now, so it should be done before I go to work tonight. I will post up final pictures later tonight.

:banana: :banana: YEEAAA!!!! :banana: :banana: IM DONE!!!!:banana: :banana:

Building the fuel injector flow tester and it works awsome and everything works perfectly except that it eats 9v batteries for breakfast! I am haveing a lot of fun trying different injectors to see what is the best. Currently I am just running one of a few sets that I have but to get the correct and most accurate readings I need to do an entire set all together. First the EA82T injectors where working the best then I put on the 280ZXT brown tops and they seem to flow the best, but I cant be too sure until I am totally finished with all the injectors in the set and they are fully cleaned.

Check out the pictures!

My final setup. ISNT IT PRETTY!!!

7299fuel_flow_setup_complete_013-med.jpg

Various injectors spraying WOT Dont judge them yet for they still need a bath!

7299fuel_flow_setup_complete_016-med.jpg

I like these ones with metal tips. The one far right is a 280ZXT brown top but the 9v died before I could get a picture.

7299fuel_flow_setup_complete_019-med.jpg

Man this ROCKS!!!

Let me know when you're done.. I have a few sets of injectors I want cleaned and flowed. Might help pay off your investment a little;)

Hey I might just take you up on that offer. I know most places

I plan on running a fuel injector cleaner in normal flow, reverse flow and I have an ultrasonic cleaner that I am going to run these through(open nozzled during cleaning) to break down and clean deeper!

Right after my last post I hooked up my RRFPR. I guess I can only blow about 1 psi. I blew into the manifold pressure inlet and the psi gauge jumped about 3 psi or so. COOL!!!

Hey I might just take you up on that offer. I know most places

I plan on running a fuel injector cleaner in normal flow, reverse flow and I have an ultrasonic cleaner that I am going to run these through(open nozzled during cleaning) to break down and clean deeper!

Right after my last post I hooked up my RRFPR. I guess I can only blow about 1 psi. I blew into the manifold pressure inlet and the psi gauge jumped about 3 psi or so. COOL!!!

Excellent. I have a set of XT injectors I can have off and in a box within 20 minutes of hearing the word go from you.

BTW, when working with a pulmonologist, I learned that the average person can't blow more than 1.5 psi in a small volume tube;)

I saw that the starting price on a full cleaning and flow test is $30 per injector. What do you think is a reasonable price. I am thinking $27 ea with shipping both ways included. Considering everything that is involved I don't think that would be to bad. I will also print out a before and after flow rate table and include the max HP the injector flow can handle. What do you think? This is just a thrown out number.

I don't expect anyone to jump on it yet until all my testing is complete.

UPDATE!

I finally found a graduated cylinder that carries 250 mil/cc.

The current setup has the RRFPR attached and I think it is causing the pressure to drop. I am looking at about 40psi instead of the 43 I was seeing without it attached. I am now running a combination of miniral spirits and Lucas Oil injector cleaner, it seems to be working good.

Anyways here are some of the results that I got from 2 runs.

I want to remind you that these are just test/practice runs before any cleaning was done to them. Note the wide variance between each injector of the same model.

_____________________cc/min____cc/min

Injector_______________Run #1___Run #2

XT4 Turbo #1__________198 *3____205

XT4 Turbo #2__________212_______222

Nissan 240SXT #1______188_______185

Nissan 240SXT #2______197_______194

Nissan 240SXT #3______190_______190

Nissan 280ZXTBT #1____256_______250 *2

BT = Brown top's

*# = The point the injectors closed due to 9v giving up, amount of time in seconds that the injector stoped before end of run

ie.. *3 = 57 sec of run time, still had 3 seconds to run before it cut out.

I am really liking the Brown tops! Right now the XT4 turbo and Nissan 280 ZX turbo (N280ZXT) have beautiful atomization where they once didn't at the begining of the testing process.

I am also building a JectorRate Electronic Fuel Injector Tester and Flow Analyzer by Bowling & Grippo, the same designers of MegaSquirt. I should have it built by the 20th for testing.:banana:

Yes Mabe. I need to get a few things ironed out and that might work, but I will see. mabe just for shipping back to you will be covered if I cant get it setup the way I want.

Would you do it for that much? Is it worth it for you. I am not trying to make a quick buck off of anyone on USMB. I am trying to help you guys out!

Well the brown tops are not really hard to find, at least for me. Well at lease mabe I was just lucky. If you can find a Nissan 280zx turbo then there should be a set of these injector in it unless someone else scavenged them already. These should have brown tops.

Thanks Vanislru I will probably take you up on that offer.

As far as the black tops, There are found some on a nissan 240sxt and a datson 280sx but I am not sure which one they belong to.

Ross post a nice big picture so I can see what they look like. Thanks

Here are the part numbers of the injectors that is am testing. I have to check all the numbers tomarrow to make sure that all the injectors are the same part number. These are the PN's that are on top of the injector. Now I am not 100% sure which number is actually the part number. I think the A46-00 is the type of the injector. The Nissan 280ZXT and XT4T are almost perfectly identical. I am trying to keep an eye out for a Nissan 300ZX or 300ZXturbo injectors so I can check the rates on them also.

Nissan 280ZXT (Brown tops) 6148 2628B side # A46-00

Nissan 240SXT (Black tops/ silver injector tip) FJ3

Datson 280ZX N/A (Black tops) FJ3

Datson 280ZX (mystery Green top) RI-507 2350 (not sure if this is the PN its posted on the side of the injector.

Subaru XT4T (Green top/ red cap) 0970 5Z05D side # A46-00

Subaru XT6 N/A (Yellow tops) Denso 195500-1330

Just getting back on the board again after I keep sitting out for a bit. Gravityman, that is a beautiful setup. I really applaud your efforts and ingenuity. Some peeps here will call it a simple setup and anyone can do it (maybe even you) but I haven't seen one of these made up and shared with a group of people. This blows my mind! I'm glad you are having fun doing it also.

Maybe an extra fuel injector is not needed. Maybe all we need to do is replace the fuel injectors we have with ones that flow a little more and throttle back on fuel pressure. My RRFPR is set at 60psi and the car runs fine for daily driving. No issues! I'm sure I could probably get away with larger fuel injectors at a lower fuel pressure. Those Nissan injectors are looking tempting, especially if they fit directly. Bypassing the fuel cut and getting more fuel is my only setbacks now.