Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nissan Injectors?

Ross

Hey man thanks a lot! I know that it looks a little ghetto with wires hanging all over the place but it works perfectly. I SHOULD be getting all the electronic parts that I ordered for the pulser soon, I am hopeing to get it today so I could build it this weekend. I cant wait to test it out!

I ran one of the injectors through my ultrasonic cleaner the other day, before I cleaned it it seemed kind of sticky but afterwards MAN talk about an improvement! The real test will be the cc/min when pulsed. Any injector held open continiously you could find the cc/min (thats if the injectors were actually always open on a car in use, but thats not the fact). Obviously, like previously stated, a pulsed cc/min will give you a real fill of how the injector is performing. If its gummed up it will open slower and prevent good flow. It sounds like I am beating a dead dog, sorry.

Well I will let you all know when I get the pulser built and how well it works.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as the tips(caps) go, The injectors can be rebuilt if the cap is broken or leaky the cap can be replaced hence it being black. What this looks like is a XT4 N/A or Turbo injector. The only thing that gets me is at the top between the hose and the green connector, mine is red but I cant tell what color yours is. I know that the red ones are used on the turbos, mabe black is only for N/A, mabe another reason your cap is black. I will run to the junkyard today and see if I can pick up some more injectors for testing and I will get some N/A EA82 injectors.

Just getting back on the board again after I keep sitting out for a bit. Gravityman, that is a beautiful setup. I really applaud your efforts and ingenuity. Some peeps here will call it a simple setup and anyone can do it (maybe even you) but I haven't seen one of these made up and shared with a group of people. This blows my mind! I'm glad you are having fun doing it also.

Maybe an extra fuel injector is not needed. Maybe all we need to do is replace the fuel injectors we have with ones that flow a little more and throttle back on fuel pressure. My RRFPR is set at 60psi and the car runs fine for daily driving. No issues! I'm sure I could probably get away with larger fuel injectors at a lower fuel pressure. Those Nissan injectors are looking tempting, especially if they fit directly. Bypassing the fuel cut and getting more fuel is my only setbacks now.

not without something to tune with, if we just throw some bigger injectors in, the car will act funny, now if we find a bigger MAF and bigger injectors they should cancel eachother out and it should run fine

Update. I have my Jectorrate fuel injector tester built all I need now is a power supply to run the thing, I should be picking it up today. I will also post PICTURES!!! I cant wait to get it running!

not without something to tune with, if we just throw some bigger injectors in, the car will act funny, now if we find a bigger MAF and bigger injectors they should cancel eachother out and it should run fine

Go with MS I should be buying mine here within the next month or so. It is the cure-all.

No prob Odd!

I just picked up a full set of NISSAN 300 ZX N/A INJECTORS!!!! :banana: Id love to find some 300 turbo injectors. If you ever find one of these cars they are a HUGE PAIN to pull the injectors! Talk about hidden! I also picked up about 12 injectors from a couple Eagle Talons/ Mitzu Eclipse and one from a Ford Probe. Adding about 20 more injectors to my collection. Once I find a FREAKIN' power supply i am in business!

Go with MS I should be buying mine here within the next month or so. It is the cure-all.

indeed, but some people seem not to like standalones. even a piggyback would be better than the stock stuff, but the superAFC doesn't seem to like our cars wiring.

those people that do not like standalone's i would be willing to bet they also like to have people do the work for them so they don't get their hands dirty :)

i have had only one problem with my megasquirt and it was pretty much my own fault /tired stupidity

The 300zx maf has the same plug and has a 3 inch diameter.

just got home from work, while there, i looked up nissan 200sx turbo injectors in out electronic catalog. $53.97 each.

ive never even heard of a factory turbo USDM 200sx. the 200sx se-r came with an sr20de, but wasnt a turbo.

Yup. If you want injectors out of a turbocharged 2.0 Nissan engine, you'll have to go for an SR20DET (Bluebird, Pulsar, European/Australian 200SX, Silvia), the uber-rare SR20VET, or the RB20DET, but that's a six.

Another option would be the CA18DET (180SX and a couple other models). Injector sizes should be similar to the SR20DET, maybe a touch less flow.

Other high-flowing Nissan injectors will be the aforementioned 300ZX (VG30DE and DET), any RB, particularly the DET models, any VQ, and the big nasty injectors found on the KM45DE. QR25DE injectors should flow well too - and they'll probably be the only good part on that engine. Even the regular old SR20DE injectors have decent flow, and they're dead-easy to come by. Other variations of the SR like the VE may have bigger injectors, and the Pulsar GTi-R version of the SR20DET has larger injectors than the Bluebird model, due to it having a T28 instead of a T25.

I've gotten 450cc DSM blue top injectors to physically fit... its way easy. However.. .they are high impedance, and stock is low. So no luck driving them with the stock system.

umm remove resister pack, hook red wire from fusible link directly to all four red wires at resister pack connector..that'll send 12V directly to injectors...should be fine as long as current through high impedance injectors is the same or lower than current through low impedance in series with injector resistors..and signal slue rates aren't affected by extra inductance... I thought DSM injectors were low impedance tho'..

I haven't actually calculated current draw per injector in stock setup tho'

According to FSM injectors are 2-3 Ohms in resistance and each injector resister has a value of 5.8-6.5 Ohms...I could actually measure them..there sitting less than 2 feet away..ok..I'll measure them..each resister measures 6-6.1 Ohms according to my mutimeter

ok so assuming supply voltage of 13.8 volts nominal and combined resistance of 8 ohms (and we'll use the low side of the tolerance so we predict maximum current). Now we've neglected the transiter resistance in the circuit that is the return path to earth in the injector control circuit, so the actual current draw will be slightly less..We'll also ignore any reactive components as nothing in the engine switches fast enough (outside the ECU) for them to be of consequence..So using V=IR where R is combined resistance and V is supply voltage we get a current flow in the circuit of 13.8/8 or 1.725 A..now recall that each driving transister in an ea82 87+ ECU actually drives two injectors at a time in parallel so total current sink per drive transister is 3.45 A...hmm..each injector dissipates 5.95 Watts... HTH