Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my car is no longer pure

Yes, it's true, my subaru has..... dum...dum...dum..... HONDA PARTS on it.

Last night I sold my soul and put a set of brand new honda coil springs on the rear struts of Roxanne. It did feel kinda dirty, but it was worth it. I got a set for an 89 Accord with A/C and automatic, which should be the heaviest springs available, and WOW are they a step up. They're probably five millimeters thicker than the stock springs. I let the car down off the lift and from full droop it sagged maybe an inch and a half or two inches, where before it was at like four or five. I quickly whipped out the measuring tape in my excitement, and lo and behold, with my 26" snow tires, it has 11" of clearance front and rear with the front struts adjusted down all the way and the rear struts in the 2nd preload position. Yeah baby!!!

Oh yeah, with the increase in front weight bias, it likes to oversteer a lot more:drunk: . Now I'll just have to see if my axles last very long at that angle.

:-\ Our cars can be fitted with Honda coil springs? Wow! What year/model or part#? What Subarus does it fit?

yep, FRONT springs from an 86-89 accord (prelude ones look the same, but I havnen't tried them yet) fit the BACK of the ea82 wagons (again, I'm not sure what else they would fit on, probably any Gl, maybe XT, etc.)