Ultimate Subaru Message Board

spark plugs....Q.

You might want to check for a decimal point in there...

Your's will probably be a little different than mine since I have an '86 EA82, but my gap is 0.040 inches which is 1.02 mm.

I think you might mean 0.7, 0.8, 0.9 or 1.4mm.

Beyond that I'm, not sure exactly what gap you are supposed to have.

You might want to check for a decimal point in there...

Your's will probably be a little different than mine since I have an '86 EA82, but my gap is 0.040 inches which is 1.02 mm.

I think you might mean 0.7, 0.8, 0.9 or 1.4mm.

Beyond that I'm, not sure exactly what gap you are supposed to have.

hi

yes, i was wrong, I mean 0.7, 0.8, 0.9 or 1.4mm.

it's imazing because no one knows for 100% what the sparkplugs gap should be.

maby someone can help me?

i've been told that for best performance i need to make it 0.7mm, is it true?

what will make a small or bigger gap ?

the car is leone 1600cc year 1993 with carb.

thank you all.

moshe.

hi

why everyone in every shop tells me or 0.7mm or 0.9mm? from where they get their information?

moshe.

Hey, everyone here is giving you the information from US market repair manuals including the factory manuals from subaru. Oh if you have an EA82 then it's a 1800cc engine and it also has the same 1.0-1.1mm plug gap as I mentioned earlier.

hi.

i have haynes repair manual of subaru 1600&1800 1980 thru 1994.

in this manual the engine type is OHC engine, so if someone knows what sparkplugs gap is the best for my 1600cc engine, it could help to hear enother opinion.

thank you.

moshe.

and if someone know about enother good book for subaru leone, please write me the name,or the adrees so i can order it.

hi.

i have haynes repair manual of subaru 1600&1800 1980 thru 1994.

in this manual the engine type is OHC engine, so if someone knows what sparkplugs gap is the best for my 1600cc engine, it could help to hear enother opinion.

thank you.

moshe.

and if someone know about enother good book for subaru leone, please write me the name,or the adrees so i can order it.

The spark plug gap has more to do with the coil and the spark plug wires than anything else. Wider gaps need higher voltages generated by the coil and conducted by the wires. The higher the voltage, the more energy in the spark, and the greater the chance of successfully igniting the fuel and air mixture.

If you have a similar ignition system to what is installed on US-version Subarus, then the gap should be similar. The suggested 1.0-1.1mm should be good.