Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rallycross on Aug. 24th; Hood River, OR

Harpua, You would be running in Production class and allowed 4WD in that class but no other modifications or mud/snow tires. Your wagon would be competitive enough. Mike (Flowmastered87) has been running in Production and doing quite well. Even if you don't do well this is a fairly enjoyable day to play with your car. Power is not usually a plus since the course is generally slick enough that driver skill counts more than power. Heck, I just noted your location--you'll be closer to Hood River than I am! Go for it!

So are you saying a can or can not run mud/snow tires? Also, would i be better off using my 87 wagon, or my 80 wagon with a webber? Is the webber even allowed? i will most likley just use the 87 because the 80 needs some heart surgery...

i havn't been this excited about driving a car since my last demo derby...

Any tips or tricks would be great, cause i am a rally x virgin, and want to do it right the first time (yea right)

Can i have a co-driver? Are there prizes or anything like that?

If you have 4WD and a weber you must run truck/suv (if a brat) or open class if a car (unless you have the special stuff on your door badge... MPV... like jasons 76 wagon)

If you have 2WD... you can probably run group 2 where you CAN run snow tires and a weber. and they dont respect the honor system of you SAYING you will keep it in FWD... I already tried

My 87 is WAY too modified to run in production now... so its open class for me... I need some hakkipalita 10's for the car though :(

Go to the link I posted in the first post. Then click on "more information" (near bottem). Then you'll have the option of rules and classes. Hopefully, that will answer most of your questions. You can run with a co-driver if you want; it's your option. Don't worry about "getting it right" the first time. I've found that every time I run I learn something new and continue to improve.

So what time are you all going to be out there? Where is everyone coming from? Anyone want to caravan out with the newbie??

It looks like I'd be in the basic Production class which by looking at the website I would need to be at registration by 11am.

I'll be heading out from Troutdale. So, what.. like hour drive for me?

Any big tips you'd like to share? I feel pretty confident in driving and sliding a car around a track but I don't have much more than a week of driving the Subie under my belt yet... time to have fun I guess.:D

I will be up for riding with someone in the morning, and would be more than willing to let someone ride with me when i run. Is there a place that we can all meet, or does someone have a cell phone that we can all call to cordinate a meeting place as we arrive? It would be cool to meet up and rally together as the USMB team....lol

I am super excited about this....im going to enter bone stock....im driving an 87 gl wagon...this is going to be great

donny tyler

Looking forward to meeting you, Donny. I'll be in the blue Brat with the blue canopy; 'probably leaving it on for the event altho I might take it off. I'll be there for the morning run just to watch and get ready for the afternoon.

Codrivers need a helmet too, they have loaners but sometime run short.

I'd like to meet up with all USMB guys again, had fun last time. Last time was my first time so I'm a newbie too. It's alot of fun! Doesn't matter what you drive.

Ed, can you haul James' hood in your Brat with the topper on? If so maybe you can pick it up on they way home? I'm in Tumwater. I have fenders and a moonroof for him too and a Brat gate for you:D

If I make the trip alone I'll be there bright and early... if my friend decides to go, then I'll be there a little later on but before the 11am registration time.

Most likely it'll be the later of those two. I'll be coming prepared with helmets, camera(s) and too much excitement:banana:

I'll be in a silver colored '90 wagon w/ rack on top.

-Brett