Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rallycross on Aug. 24th; Hood River, OR

Lots of fun at the rallyx. Met some new USMB folk. Harpua came in after his last run with the biggest SEG I've seen in a long time. Had a phenomenal time of 1:37 in his stock '87 GL wagon on his last run. He'll be back. Next event is in 3 weeks in Hillsboro, OR.

Results will be posted here as soon as official results are out.

Yes, the Rally Cross is definatly a good time. My last run was balls out, i was stumbleing with my steering wheel because the turns where coming up so quick. This is an event that anyone with a subaru should try. I think next time i will be able to take a spot on the podium. Hopefully anyway.

It was cool to put some faces with names. Everytime i meet someone from the message board i am reminded of how good the people from the board are.

Ed, you were great, you gave me a lot of info that helped me out.

I can't wait untill the next one rolls around.

not that it matters, but my wagon is an 87, not an 88....And its for sale as well if anyone is interested.

later on. donny tyler

Well, I was there but sat my lazyness off on the side of the track and just watched... had to take it all in. I would have stuck around and tried to meet some of you but I started to get a nice migraine and my meds were at home. I left right after the Audi did his roll-over trick:clap:

Once I get my computer to work again I'll post up the video of the roll, unless someone else posts it before me.

I got a few pictures but not very good ones as I was sitting a good distance away from the action.

post-60-136027584746_thumb.jpg

Mike, not to be ashamed of your times. Due to the rutting there were a few spots where I think they actually shortened the course compared to the morning. Having seen it both ways, I think the morning had better traction most of the time, but the afternoon was quicker (I think). Thanks for the rides.:D

I posted this link in the Off Topic Forum, but I think it'll get more action here:

http://www.pdxsports.com/photos/showindex.asp?folder=200308rallyx

If I'm not mistaken, these are primarily photos from the morning.

Originally posted by Flowmastered87GL

I finally looked, those are pics of me toyofast (1 and 2), thanks for taking them :D

I've got more but those 2 show dirt flying.... I'll look at teh others and see what I have. I'll post more if you'd like.

post-60-136027584778_thumb.jpg

WOW I beat the volvo with rally tires lol... I suck, i need to get a better car, 2nd to last in gp2 is no good for me! I guess all the cars where much faster thought... And that 242 shoulda been faster then me! it had rally tires, and stuff... Oh maybe he couldn't start it. I think thats it.:rolleyes:

4th to last overall WOOP WOOP!:banana:

I actually beat my son on the third run by two seconds. Usually he beats me by 10 to 15. I am getting better. And it's so much fun. I get another chance at him in another 10 days or so at Hillsboro. I should beat him there since our class will run in the morning and he has trouble getting up that early. Also Luke Ebert will be there; I haven't beaten him yet either. Go Blue Brat!:wave: :wave: :wave:

*The edited version for the kids* hehe i love typos

ok, i don't understand. It looks like they messed up my time for my last run. They told me i ran a 1.37 with one cone down. My friend that was riding *WITH * me says he heard the same thing i did. 1.37.....Either way, i had a very fun time. Learned alot, and next time i will kick the pants off of the truck suv circuit. Sorry Ed your going down:burnout:

Who all is going to the next one?

I remember your coming in with the 1:37 under your belt. You were certainly pumped! Do what I do, write down all your times and know what your total is when they announce results. If your total is less than any announced trophy winners, you can ask right then. I'd still check with them about it. Also, what class were you running in? I was looking for you in the results and couldn't find you (not knowing a last name might have something to do with that). Hey, all the competition will make us all better. I'm looking forward to seeing you on the 14th.

Best of luck, the more the merrier. See you there next week. It's in Hillsboro, OR at the fairgrounds (across from the airport). If you're running truck/suv, get there early since our class is running in the morning this time--8AM registration and tech! ORG hasn't updated their site to reflect the changes and I know you're coming a long way.