Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81&EA82 Intake Manifold Q.

Jon, no the turbo has duel port heads and the SPFI has single port heads. The injectors on a EA82T are in the manifold and the injectors on a EA81T are in the head - both have two intake ports

The carb and the SPFI heads have only one "siameased" intake port. The EA81 and EA82 single port manifolds can be swapped.

Hope that answers your last question.

Uh, Skipper, mighta jes read you wrong, but the EA81T has a single intake port, jes like the NA ones do. You can put an EA81T intake onto an NA EA81. Also you can put an EA82 Carb'd or SPFI intake onto an EA81. When you go from the 82 to the 81 you have to play around with the EGR tube, as they are different, also the thermostat housing is a little different. On the SPFI intake, I know for sure, there is a little hose coming out of the Thermo housing that will hit the dizzy on an EA81, but you can play around with it and get it to work right. Hope this helps.

hey there,

pardon my ignorance, what would be the benefit of putting an EA81T intake on a n/a ea81?

are there any other parts that would be worth considering bolting onto the n/a EA81 from the EA81T?

I have a EA81T on the stand that is probaly not going into the car ........

building a rally crosser

shanonsf

:headbang: 82 GLW rally wagon

I was told that MPFI is better with turbos because the fuel is added at the last second. This is better because fuel doesn't like to stay suspended in compressed air as much and will fall out of suspension if it has to travel too far. This may not be fact, but it sounds reasonable to me.

For the CIS link, click the link in my sig below.