Which looks better?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which looks better?

• [img]http://www.usmb.net/albums/albun69/bratscoop_009.jpg[/img]
    • [img]http://www.usmb.net/albums/albun69/bratscoop_010.jpg[/img]
    • Can't decide

Kevin, the hood is not 100%.

Dave, when was the last time you ever saw me keep anything "stock"?? HAHAH

Corky. It will be a functional scoop. This is the scoop i am thinking about using after my CIS conversion. Since the CIS intake will be mounted where the spare tire is, i would preffer not to suck in hot engine air. I want to block off most of the rear of the engine bay, mount the CIS in there, run PVC to an external EFI Air Filter Box, and have it snug against the hood... where the scoop will be located.

I have done measurements, and drawn it all out on graph paper. Just getting user opinions. I like the bottom one better (the shorter scoop). Something just doesnt look right with the elongated one.

And to answer everybody's question, yes... the bottom one has been photoshop'd. Right now, the scoop is the long picture... i was thinking of cutting it down alittle to make it look better.

Thanks all

-Brian

No, the roomate still has the EA81 Wagon. I am actually considering selling my wagon to modify my Brat. The brat will be getting a completly built engine. It will be my street car, and hopefully it will blow other riced out honda's off the line.

The hood is not a consideration. Hell, i can goto the junk yard and get a hood to do this to for $20. The car will end up painted and body work performed anyways... so that is not a big worry. And it will be functional. It will supply air to my air intake.

-Brian

Just an observation here..."No matter how much you modify, there'll always be someone that comes along that's faster/prettier/bigger". Just turn your nose up to the ricers by closing your windows, cranking up the A/C, and having a disgusted look on your face. "Have a nice day, and thanks for flushing out the police".

Yeah, im not going to look for people to race. But I want to turn this brat into something fast. Maybe something on the rally circuit, or tarmac racing :)

My main goal is to get it prepped and race either at Sears Point or Laguna Seca. I know they have day's where the average joe can pay to race there.

-Brian

Yeah, Shanon(sf) ran his brother's car at Laguna Seca a few weeks ago, sounds like a blast.

Geez, he didn't stay long, was here just a minute ago, I guess just long enough to sign up.

BTW, with all that modifyin' going on, how are you planning on getting it past the SMOG NAZIS?

Hey Brian-

Just do it, especially where you are where its HOT!

I notice a solid temp drop when I put mine on, Hoods are cheap anyway........

then come Rallycrossing w/ me next month at Thunder Hill-

http://www.sfrscca.org/RallyX/default.htm

let's show the Next Gen's how fun the "classic's" are...

and its a Sube sponsored event, could be good PR for the USMB...

rally on

:headbang:

-shanonsf

82 GLW (rally cross poject?)

You betchya Shannon. You are my direct competition. After helping you pull those parts for your wagon i've decided I cannot leave you alone in the EA81 Subaru Motorsport world.

Cant do the auto rally next month... car wont be don't be done by the. Projected estimated time of completion is March 2004. Thats a goal of some sort.

-Brian

hey brian-

finish...?!

who cares, I haven't touched mine beyond the smog crap

the parts are chillin, thought I'd do a stock day (maybe a Pug wheel swap test) then start switchin' stuff out

start time comparisons....blah blah

gotta learn to drive gravel first, then start tweakin'...walk before ya run..

come on you can make it.....;)

-shanonsf

BTW- how do post pics in the gallery?

ok NorCal people-

the gauntlet is thrown-

who's the quickest - Brat or GLW........

we are all bone stock right now anyway...........

thunderhill rallycross, cones & clocks, $35 bucks, bring/borrow helmet, and a cooler!!

details:

http://www.sfrscca.org/RallyX/default.htm

hope ya'll can make it, there's a couple of RX's showing up too....

rally on

:headbang:

-shanonsf