Ultimate Subaru Message Board

more efi madness(she runs, and drives!)

i keep thinkin i did it, then it wont do it again...

er27 into a carbureted car. i have spark and fuel, if i try and start it with the pump hooked up, it gets too much fuel and floods. if i unplug the pump, it bleeds off the pressure with a few cranks of the engine, then runs for about 5 seconds, then dies.

when it runs it only goes up to 10 lbs of vac, and im lookin for around 20 at least. so that makes me think my fpr isnt bleeding off enough pressure, because of a giant vac leak. well, the giant vac leak is the idle air controll valve, or whatever. but it wont run without it...

anyone think that disty timing would make your car have less vac at idle than it should?

ug help =/

well, i dont have a brass t and a guage that goes up to 90lbs so no, i havent checked my fuel pressure. i have gone as far as sticking the return line into a bucket to make sure its not the return line. also i pulled a pump off a runing car, and tried it.

i gotta mess with the timing again i suppose.

i marked the disty when i pulled it out, but i think i bumped the engine while it was out. i know im not 180 out, and thats what matters =/

thanks will report back, im so close.

=] tom, its easy as pie, all you need to do is hook up the red wire to constant power, the black and white, and the white and red go to the switched power(i used the old +wire on the coil, and wire up the fuel pump just like the diagram. run a wire to the starter, then hook up the tach, oil pressure guage, and the water temp guage, then rev her up! =]

i just went for a more extensive test drive with no hood, its hard to not spin the tires... well tire, its open diff rear wheel drive! =] its time to drive her to texas and dyno tune the hell out of her. when i tell peepl its my dream car they look at me funny. when i open the hood they wont anymore!@#$#$@!!!!

wrx? mines bigger!:drunk: celebration time

Just added your wiring details to my notes. Thanks for the info... :) :)

You're using the Stock Dash Tach? It reads the 6-cylinder RPMs correctly?

Would love to see this Hatch in person one of these days.........

On another note: They cut the Mon-Fri overtime down, and cancelled week-end OT for a while. (Darn, only 67.5 hours in this week) Maybe, I'll have time to get caught up on household chores, and have time to wrench on the '82 now. One can only hope!!!!

ya, im heading to texas late january, where my cousin runs alamo autosports, and ennis race way is right down the road, so numbers for sure! @sap.

Place your bets!

*Predictions*

I predict mid 15 second 1/4 mile runs at approximately 84-86mph. [On Excellent runs]

If you like burning rubber or have problems with tire slippage, I predict low-mid 16 second runs at approximately 82-84mph. There you have it. ;)