Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Started my MR2 IC Install+ Hood Scoop done now!

DrKrazy

On a funny side note, I went into work today (yeah supposed to be on christmas/new years vacation this week, but hey my company is moving on the 7th and of course everything is behind and that means double time pay $$)...anyways back on track..they were testing the fire alarm system in the new building with those cans of smoke. So I buddied up to one of the guys, while he was testing the one in my new server room and asked if I could borrow him and that can for a minute. Took him out to my car and turned the IC fan on and told him to blow the smoke in the area of the scoop. The fan sucked ALL of the smoke right down through the scoop/IC and out the bottom of engine bay...wish I would've had a video camera. The fire system guy thought I was a little strange after I got all excited and did a little woot dance. Was a good way to actually see the flow of air into the scoop then into the IC.

So can of smoke+hood scoop+IC fan=Good Entertainment I highly suggest it.

You can always make a video of this you know. *hint, hint*

Funny thing about the fan and the smoke I have wanted to try that with my setup but I don't smoke.

The only way that I know my fan sucks the air is if you look at the hood scoop on a cold day (fans off) you can see the heat waves boiling out the scoop. Turn on the fans and no more heat waves. On my car I can actually feel the hot air coming out of the bottom of my car too. Good job!!!

Funny thing about the fan and the smoke I have wanted to try that with my setup but I don't smoke.

The only way that I know my fan sucks the air is if you look at the hood scoop on a cold day (fans off) you can see the heat waves boiling out the scoop. Turn on the fans and no more heat waves. On my car I can actually feel the hot air coming out of the bottom of my car too. Good job!!!

I guess it'll help out when the oil leaks start up as well. At least it'll keep it from billowing out of the engine bay. :brow: