Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Darn Trees!

.. they just seem to jump out of nowhere don't they. Now the rear left door of my wagon and a bit of the drivers door has an 8"x12" dent in it. Right at the top where all those bends in the sheet metal are. The window should of shattered. To close the door, you have to hold the forward corner of the glass to get it on the gasket to close it properly. I'll have to pull the dent and see about straightening out the window alignment. verry embarrasing situation.

We just got 5" of snow, so I was out playing in it, and didn't watch the oversteer, so when I let off on the gas, the car caught in and steered hard left, so I snapped it back to the right...too late. I slid to the left edge of the road and down a small bank, sideways. Nice big oak tree waiting for me. I had slowed to mabe 15mph by the time I met the tree, but still got a good jolt. I had to climb out the passenger side, uphill, to asses the damage and formulate an exit strategy. Little bit of backing into the woods and couple trys at the embankment and I was back on the road. Still uglifies the wagon though.

Nah, you just need to visualize and use your imagination. :-p

The rear doors on an ea82 wagon. They have multiple shelf like bends at the top. Now, imagine you flattened all those as well as a good bit of the flater parts of the door. That would push the window in towards the center of the car. The car was tilted sideways when it hit the verticle tree.